Ebatt install and airbox modification

30 replies to this topic
  • ASternad

Posted September 22, 2009 - 12:38 PM

That's amazing on the weight reduction.
Another option for light batteries is a Turntech Battery, I'll be getting one of these guys.
Have you looked into Tubliss tubes for further weight loss?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 22, 2009 - 12:48 PM

Another option for light batteries is a Turntech

Yeah but even at that, BOTH the ebatt and the TurnTech can be home build for half the price :busted:

• tribalbc

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:42 PM

That's amazing on the weight reduction.
Another option for light batteries is a Turntech Battery, I'll be getting one of these guys.
Have you looked into Tubliss tubes for further weight loss?

I'm not sold on the tubeliss system yet. I've held one in my hands and it felt pretty heavy, very similar to a HD tube. I know it included the rimlock but it still felt heavy. I also like to switch tires up alot between race and practise and different conditions. You're only supposed to install the tubeliss on a new tire.

• tribalbc

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:42 PM

Yeah but even at that, BOTH the ebatt and the TurnTech can be home build for half the price :busted:

Did you end up home building one yet ?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 22, 2009 - 08:03 PM

Did you end up home building one yet ?

Yeah but it was only a 2.5 and that wasnt enough for the bike and HIDs

With all my HID stuff, I need to make a 5.0.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted September 22, 2009 - 08:10 PM

Yeah but it was only a 2.5 and that wasnt enough for the bike and HIDs

With all my HID stuff, I need to make a 5.0.

What were your dimensions on the 2.5 ?

• beezer

Posted September 23, 2009 - 05:56 AM

I'm not sold on the tubeliss system yet. I've held one in my hands and it felt pretty heavy, very similar to a HD tube. I know it included the rimlock but it still felt heavy. I also like to switch tires up alot between race and practise and different conditions. You're only supposed to install the tubeliss on a new tire.

When you factor in the removal of the rim locks there is a big weight savings.

I think the problem with used tires is only when they have been put on a wheel that had rimlocks. Tire changes are much easier and faster with the Nutechs.

I've put about 125 miles on Nutechs on really rocky, fast trails and have had good luck so far with them. I'm going to put them on my 250.

• tribalbc

Posted September 23, 2009 - 06:21 AM

When you factor in the removal of the rim locks there is a big weight savings.

I think the problem with used tires is only when they have been put on a wheel that had rimlocks. Tire changes are much easier and faster with the Nutechs.

I've put about 125 miles on Nutechs on really rocky, fast trails and have had good luck so far with them. I'm going to put them on my 250.

Have you weighed the Nuetec versus the HD tube and 1 rimlock ? A rimlock doesn't weigh a whole lot.
Any problems with slow leaks ?

Tire changes are an easy 10min job for me. How is it easier ?

• JoeT

Posted September 23, 2009 - 09:31 AM

Changing tires, especially the rear is about a 45 minute job for me. With the tubliss it took longer to get the old tire on than the new tire in, which took 10 min. For me that is a blazingly fast time.

rear rim lock is about a quarter of a pound. The rear tubliss is about 1.5lb lighter than a HD tube and 2 rim locks.

• ASternad

Posted September 23, 2009 - 11:07 AM

I also like to switch tires up alot between race and practise and different conditions. You're only supposed to install the tubeliss on a new tire.

This is true regarding tires that were mounted with rim locks, you know how a typical rim lock leaves a dent on the inside bead of a tire, well that dent is difficult to seal around with the Tubliss. If a used tire has never seen a typical rim lock then they will seal the same every time and you can swap tires like you do now.

Tire changes are faster due to not swapping a tube that comes out or goes back in. Since the Tubliss system stays on the rim. As you may already know the benefit of Tubless Tires is obtaining less unsprug weight, vs. the static weight and of course run flats, lower psi etc. etc.

Back to the main topic at hand: What did you use to cut the plastic beneath the batt tray and do you feel any jetting difference?

• tribalbc

Posted September 23, 2009 - 05:50 PM

Back to the main topic at hand: What did you use to cut the plastic beneath the batt tray and do you feel any jetting difference?

I used a mix of the drill and the dremel. The dremel was more of a cut/ melt combo. A bit mesy. Worked best if you pulled away the chunks around when it was still warm.

The jetting was interesting. Had to turn the fuel screw out, expected that. The surprising part was I run my jetting on the verge of being lean on the needle at the elevation my house is at. This is because most of my riding is higher. I expected to maybe have to move the clip down a position but it ran really strong. 168 main was fine as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.