WR450F GYTR jetting VS Milage

2 replies to this topic
  • cmiked

Posted September 21, 2009 - 10:44 AM

I recently picked up a 08 WR450 from OTD Auburn and I got the GYTR Power-up kit & the promoto billet exhaust tip. I installed all the new jets and needle, adjustable air/fuel etc. disconnected the grey wire the whole enchilada. I am still working through tweeking it in for my area and am considering moving from the 4 posision on the needle to the 3rd, I am also considering a smaller main jet. The issues I'm having are 1 my milage sucks, I realize there has to be some sacrifice for the extra HP but I'm talking like 50-60 mi./tank(stock). I put a 3.6gal tank on and got about 100 mi. last weekend but I still would like to get out a little farther. It also seems a little ruff when I level off on the throttle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baja trail Rider

Posted September 21, 2009 - 11:14 AM

Sorry to say with or with out mods thats all my 07 wr450 can do.My xr440 gets over 50mpg.Anybody have answers for better MPGs

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 21, 2009 - 11:33 AM

Sorry to say with or with out mods thats all my 07 wr450 can do.My xr440 gets over 50mpg.Anybody have answers for better MPGs

The XR is a slower reving motor were the WR is a snap short strock motor.

I found that my XR650r got what my WR450 got when doing the same rides back to back

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.