OT: A pretty cool event...Like a tri-athalon

6 replies to this topic
  • BrandonW

Posted April 09, 2003 - 10:27 AM

This weekend, in Wenatchee, WA, they are having the Ridge to River race. It is a competition that starts in a nordic ski area, and ends in the city of Wenatchee, with the competitors porting out of the Columbia River. The event has all kinds of categories, but the IRONMAN is the king.
Here are the events:
Nordic Ski - 3 miles, top of Mission Ridge (Cross-Country Skiing)
Alpine Ski/Snowboard - 2 miles, top of Mission Ridge to Lodge (Downhill)
Run - 4.5 miles, Mission Ridge Lodge to Squilchuck State Park
Bike - 19 miles, Squilchuck State Park to Wenatchee River Park
Canoe/Kayak - 9 miles, Wenatchee River Park to Riverfront Park
Portage/Sprint to finish - .5 mile, in Riverfront Park

Check out more Ridge to River

• BruceWA

Posted April 09, 2003 - 06:13 PM

You could do this AND the Desert 100. :)

• ColoradoXR

Posted April 11, 2003 - 12:03 AM

Brandon, AKA psycho...

I'm way to old and fat to even think this is rational. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racemile

Posted April 11, 2003 - 04:57 AM

KIDS!!! Sheesh!!! Just wait til that metabolizm slows down! :D :) :D
You guys have fun...XR and I will be sitting here in the lawn chairs, with beers, watching the girls!!

Race

• BrandonW

Posted April 11, 2003 - 05:20 AM

I'll be taking no part in this event. I got suckered in to doing the cross-country skiing portion a couple of years ago, but I am much smarter now!

Will be riding in the Desert 100 on Sunday. Much more fun!

• racemile

Posted April 11, 2003 - 05:42 AM

Ok....to hell with the lawn chair and the beers...Now I want to come play!! 100 miles you say?? sounds great!! lets go!!!

Race

I guess "crazy" is a relative term.

• BrandonW

Posted April 11, 2003 - 06:17 AM

The event that you should all come to is Apple Blossom!

Wenatchee has many orchards around it, and the big yearly festival is in celebration of the blossoms blooming on the trees.

Funnest part about the 3 day weekend is that the ladies are becomming very brazen about displaying thier "blossoms" as well!

City Council just passed a resolution "asking" local stores to remove the "beads" off the shelf, so that the young ladies will not be enticed to flash.

man, I been stocking up on those things for months!

Girls Gone Wild!

Oh yeah!

:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.