A good small toy hauler

7 replies to this topic
  • mbrophy1

Posted September 20, 2009 - 02:18 PM

What would you guys recommend for a small toy hauler? I need something to carry 2 dirtbikes and a family of 4 plus 1 dog. Tow capacity for my truck is 7000 lbs gvwr.

• pnwdr350

Posted September 20, 2009 - 02:24 PM

What are you looking for here?
a 4x4, 2wd? a cheap vehicle? a reliable vehicle? MPG? Whats your budget? all those are good questions that need to be answered.

I'd go with a Toyota 4runner, or Nissan. Much more reliable than any domestic. They hold their value lots better.

I would not spend any money on new or used ford or chevys...
...unless you get a really good deal

• crf150rkid

Posted September 20, 2009 - 03:54 PM

What are you looking for here?
a 4x4, 2wd? a cheap vehicle? a reliable vehicle? MPG? Whats your budget? all those are good questions that need to be answered.

I'd go with a Toyota 4runner, or Nissan. Much more reliable than any domestic. They hold their value lots better.

I would not spend any money on new or used ford or chevys...
...unless you get a really good deal

No...No no. I belive he means toy hauler trailer.

I would recomend a warrior or Rage n. But there are many others out there that are fairly cheep. Deff go x2 axle and a fairly large bathroom is nice for the fam. We have a Complete Kaos that my parents bought and its about 20ft. Its held 3 quads, and 3 dirtbikes at the same time so thats plenty big. Also remember that scense it is a toyhauler and still needs to be reasonable on weight, there pretty cheaply made.

Make sure that Its not too tall. Ours is very tall and on windy days sucks!! But make sure its tall enough for any rough roads while camping. Also check top bunk for strength. We snapped ours(Three people=bad) and also generators are something to look out for. Ours is alright but is giving a little trouble. And remember that if it doesnt have a ladder for the roof, your not ment to walk on it.

I also suggest getting a suitcase generator for it so you dont have to run the big gen for the AC all night. Good luck searching:ride:

• bedowinn

Posted September 20, 2009 - 06:31 PM

http://keystone-outback.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jayson138

Posted September 21, 2009 - 01:53 AM

No...No no. I belive he means toy hauler trailer.

I would recomend a warrior or Rage n. But there are many others out there that are fairly cheep. Deff go x2 axle and a fairly large bathroom is nice for the fam. We have a Complete Kaos that my parents bought and its about 20ft. Its held 3 quads, and 3 dirtbikes at the same time so thats plenty big. Also remember that scense it is a toyhauler and still needs to be reasonable on weight, there pretty cheaply made.

Make sure that Its not too tall. Ours is very tall and on windy days sucks!! But make sure its tall enough for any rough roads while camping. Also check top bunk for strength. We snapped ours(Three people=bad) and also generators are something to look out for. Ours is alright but is giving a little trouble. And remember that if it doesnt have a ladder for the roof, your not ment to walk on it.

I also suggest getting a suitcase generator for it so you dont have to run the big gen for the AC all night. Good luck searching:ride:

How much do these usually cost around?

• bronc3

Posted September 21, 2009 - 03:00 AM

I pulled my 20' Predator with a Tacoma. It weighs in right at 7K loaded.

• Smacaroni

Posted September 21, 2009 - 09:34 AM

1 dog
2 Bikes
4 People
2 Bikes in the bed, four people + dog in the cab of any quad cab 1/2 ton or larger pick up and any travel trailer of your choice within reason.

That's what I'd do. Unless you're lucky like me and the Mrs. will tolerate sleeping in a tent, cooking over a fire and the faithful shovel & TP, then you can go smaller and cheaper w/ a bigger trailer and more toys.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 21, 2009 - 09:43 AM

http://www.thumperta...351#post7528351

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.