Stewart's 2010 450 up close

54 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2009 - 03:46 PM

thats deff. not for a wideband its welded to the res. it wouldnt get a true reading.

It would if the probe passed all the way through into the gas stream. In truth, it would be accurate even if it didn't. It would just be somewhat slow responding.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 26, 2009 - 04:03 PM

Look closely at the bolt and you will see a slot for screw driver. Maybe it is attached to a metallic bellows that when said screw is turned in/out it moves the bellows thus adjusting the volume of the header. Simple way to change power characteristics. Cheers Bruce

I was leaning towards an adjustable resonator myself.
But I don't really know. Since the system on Js's bike seems to have another resonator in the loop section.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 26, 2009 - 07:57 PM

It would if the probe passed all the way through into the gas stream. In truth, it would be accurate even if it didn't. It would just be somewhat slow responding.

but if you noticed that nut is welded on to the res it almost looks as if the res could come off and it doesnt look big enough for a o2 sensor.

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2009 - 08:02 PM

but if you noticed that nut is welded on to the res it almost looks as if the res could come off and it doesnt look big enough for a o2 sensor.

Not for an O₂ sensor, no, but a gas analyzer, yes, particularly if it was a custom set up.

• ProMed

Posted September 26, 2009 - 08:58 PM

Not a crack. Look at the lower subframe mount. I bet Stewart wanted the subframe lower for better rider positioning so they cut it and rewelded it.

You'd be surprised how fast Pro Level guys tear up equipment. I've seen a few guys wear through graphics in a weekend racing super cross.

Compared to the test bike at Budd's Creek:

Bubba's bike:
Posted Image
Budds Creek test bike:
Posted Image

• ZéPovinho

Posted September 26, 2009 - 10:17 PM

:busted: two ressonators on the mid pipe? :banana:

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2009 - 11:02 PM

:busted: two ressonators on the mid pipe? :banana:

Nope. One is Stewart's bike with an Akro, resonator in the mid pipe, none on the header, and the other is a stocker, no resonator on the mid pipe, but one on the header.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sider_steve

Posted September 26, 2009 - 11:48 PM

Nope. One is Stewart's bike with an Akro, resonator in the mid pipe, none on the header, and the other is a stocker, no resonator on the mid pipe, but one on the header.

You might want to check the pictures out in the first post of this thread 1 more time.
There is something in the headpipe and the midpipe area has an Akropovic.
At least the same shock with the added reservoir is in both pictures.

• js7_yama

Posted September 27, 2009 - 12:25 AM

James Stewart's Florida Ride with Fans on the 2010 YZ450F :busted:

http://www.redbullus...p=1242751077587

http://www.redbullus...7587&quality=hq

• nephic

Posted September 27, 2009 - 01:35 PM

wow, so much for worries about that bike in the whoops. Check out JS blitzing through that sand. I cannot wait to get a leg over one of these bikes.

• FourtySixandTwo

Posted September 27, 2009 - 02:09 PM

You sure gray? Look at photo 2 and 3 again. http://sozoamplifica...om/stewart.html

• SoZo

Posted September 27, 2009 - 03:45 PM

I can answer questions about the bike , I rode with him that day and took those pix standing right next to the bike...

John

• FourtySixandTwo

Posted September 27, 2009 - 04:07 PM

I can answer questions about the bike , I rode with him that day and took those pix standing right next to the bike...

John

So did his exhaust system have two resonators on it? Picture 2 shows one that is just in front of the frame and picture 3 shows what appears to be another just behind the shock reservoir. Just curious is all. Thanks for the pics!!!

• Sider_steve

Posted September 27, 2009 - 05:49 PM

John

Is the bubble in the pipe right off the head a resonator or is it for some other use?
Like a place to plug in a probe for tuning the EFI?

• SoZo

Posted September 29, 2009 - 04:21 PM

So did his exhaust system have two resonators on it? Picture 2 shows one that is just in front of the frame and picture 3 shows what appears to be another just behind the shock reservoir. Just curious is all. Thanks for the pics!!!

Yes 2 Resonators, the one where the stock one is with a weird nut welded in and the one in the middle of the tornado part with a pipe connecting either side of the circle and that chamber in the middle.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.