03 KX 250 Plastic will it fit a 2002??

7 replies to this topic
  • Bethumped

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

I can't get a straight answer from Kawasaki. I have a 2002 KX 250 2-stroke and different Kawasaki dealers tell me that 2003 plastic work on the 2002 and others tell me it doesn't.
Anyone have actual experience??? I can get a 2003 pollisport plastic kit with everything for $104 and a nice graphics kit with a gripper seat for $58 but only for the 2003. Now is there much I need to do to make the 2003 plastics fit my 2002 KX???
Thanks,
Nick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • md2020

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

No, not the same. 99-02 are the same and 03-07 are the same. I don't know about plastics, but there are a lot of good deals on ebay for graphics and parts for the 99-02 bikes.

• fatchellparty

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

no they wont

• Bethumped

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

No, not the same. 99-02 are the same and 03-07 are the same. I don't know about plastics, but there are a lot of good deals on ebay for graphics and parts for the 99-02 bikes.

Thanks for your input, but it does not help. I know that the part numbers on the plastics are different, but has anyone tried this to see if it is actually different plastic? On ebay there is a Kawasaki dealer selling 2002 - 2004 plastic kits with graphics. He said that it works? Then my local Kawasaki tells me it doesn't. So I would like to get the answer from someone who actually tried this.
Hope someone can help.
Nick

• md2020

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

They are not the same plastic. The frame was completely redesigned in 03. I don't know how to be any more clear than that.

• Bethumped

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

Yeah you are right. I took my plastics over to the Kawi dealer that said it would fit and saw that the rear number plate was wrong.
Thanks for your help.

• Chokey

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

The only piece of '03 and up plastic that will fit is the front fender. Nothing else will even come close, not even the front number plate.

• Jeekinz

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for your input, but it does not help. I know that the part numbers on the plastics are different, but has anyone tried this to see if it is actually different plastic? On ebay there is a Kawasaki dealer selling 2002 - 2004 plastic kits with graphics. He said that it works? Then my local Kawasaki tells me it doesn't. So I would like to get the answer from someone who actually tried this.
Hope someone can help.
Nick

I have an 05 and a 2000, they don't even come close. Unlike your Kawi dealewrs...I actually tried. Like Chokey said, only the front fender will easily bolt up. However, the 99-02 number plate will not match the newer fender. You can use a newer front number plate but plan on using some zip-ties.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

picked up a couple 2 fiddy's by Theeebalz

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • 23 replies
Forums
Photo

Am I to small for a 125 or 250 by MostWanted117

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 21 replies
Forums
Photo

Am I expecting too much? 2002 KX250 by condor74

• Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

Anyone else restoring a kx 125/250? by NzJohny

• Hot  40 replies
Forums
Photo

proper break in for kx250 top end rebuild by theiceman97

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.