Steering problem, please help

3 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted September 19, 2009 - 08:50 AM

I found my steering feeling a little strange so I took everything apart and found the lower bearing is a bit rusty, I need to order two new bearings and two seals, however I can't find a part listed for the lower seal on yamaha's site, can somene who has done this before please enlighten me if the seal comes with the bottom bearing before I order it, thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• pablo83

Posted September 20, 2009 - 06:02 AM

typically the seal will come with the bearing, but I haven't replaced head bearing on this bike so I'm not completely sure. I'd go ahead and order the bearings and if the seal doesn't show up with them, then worry about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZEtc

Posted September 20, 2009 - 07:39 AM

Yes, the seal is built into the bearing. :busted:

• MountainMax

Posted September 20, 2009 - 09:56 AM

Thanks, I guess that's why it's not listed, strange though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.