wr400 throttle stop screw info

9 replies to this topic
  • changaz

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:07 PM

hey guys, i have searched but to no avail.
just wondering is the suitable throttle stop screw for the mod to a wr400f the same part as required for a wr250f or does the wr use a different part number (ie from a yz400f)
cheers
paul

• byggd

Posted September 19, 2009 - 08:05 AM

Either cut the stock one down or get one for a YZ400.:busted:

• redneckj

Posted September 19, 2009 - 12:04 PM

the throttle stop is the little screw on the right side of the carb correct? How much do you shave off it so the throttle will open more?

• William1

Posted September 19, 2009 - 02:39 PM

I strongly suggest you buy a YZ stop screw. If you are not sure what you are doing, a mistake can be a real headache.

A search here and on the wr250F forum will yield many pictures and details of how to change/cut it. But I suggest just doing it right and get the YZ screw.

• 2in2out

Posted September 19, 2009 - 07:14 PM

for your convenience

http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • changaz

Posted September 20, 2009 - 09:17 PM

I understand what to do and how to do it, i was just unsure if the throttle stop screw is the same on a yz250 and a yz400 (the yz250 part no is the only one listed in the above mentioned faq page), didnt wanna order the 250 part number if it is different to the 400 part.

• William1

Posted September 21, 2009 - 03:29 AM

S/B the same part but I suggest ordering one for a YZ450 instead.

• tcmII

Posted September 22, 2009 - 03:49 PM

I've seen the 450 throttle screw and it is nothing like the on my 400. It's not a screw it's more like a stud; one end is threaded, there's a hex in the middle and the other end is plain (no threads).

I went to the dealer and wasn't able to get one for a YZ so I ended up triming it. Best thing to do is creep up on it. You can cut it too short if your are not careful.

• glentron

Posted September 25, 2009 - 10:03 PM

I just removed it and my bike finally woke up. I haven't had any issues with it out at all. I really don't think that you need it at all. Some people say the carb may stick open, but the throttle cable always makes it return in my experience. Take it out and go for a test ride and you will be blown away.

• tcmII

Posted September 26, 2009 - 09:55 AM

Yes the slide will stop when it reaches the top of the carb, but the bottom of the slide will also be above the throttle opening. This obviously is not optimum. If you are running at wide open a lot you might want to put in the stop, otherwise your probably OK.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.