my new tail light/license plate holder and turn signals

22 replies to this topic
  • panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:15 AM

I don't have my turnsignals wired up yet.... but they are LED ones i got at ironpony for $22 bucks a pair.....

the tail light is the DRC one from siccass racing.... it bolts right up..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Dube2

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:08 AM

Nice taillight kit. :busted:

• mrlopez

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:33 AM

I can still see your license numbers  lol
looks good all LEDs

• panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 08:02 AM

I can still see your license numbers  lol
looks good all LEDs

lol...now that you say that.. your right.. hehe

• dmk75

Posted September 18, 2009 - 08:32 AM

Is that an oem fender or a yzf?

• panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 08:43 AM

its the stock fender that came on the bike

• nhalbrecht

Posted September 18, 2009 - 08:58 AM

what are u using as a handlebar switch? just curious what brand ur gonna choose, im looking for something myself. baja designs makes one but its big and expensive....
-nic

• panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:09 AM

i actually bought the drc ez electric kit for my xr400, i took it all off before i sold it.....

i got it from wheeling cycle it was like 120 bucks
it has a harness, switch, horn
http://www.drcproduc...0-05/index.html

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:47 AM

looks like your low on coolant and why do you still have the pea shooter on that bike :busted:

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 18, 2009 - 11:02 AM

The Husaberg's have a really sweet SMALL bar switch, you'll need a flasher relay of course but if you have access to a Husaberg shop nearby you should check them out... when and if I put a switch on my bike I'll probably go with one of them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 11:30 AM

looks like your low on coolant and why do you still have the pea shooter on that bike :busted:

why do you think I am low on coolant... also the pea shooter was removed.... its not in the picture..

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2009 - 11:52 AM

why do you think I am low on coolant...

I guess I should restate that, your coolant over flow looks empty :busted:

• panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 01:10 PM

I guess I should restate that, your coolant over flow looks empty :busted:

after you said that i pulled the cap off the radiator and its full

does the overflow need coolant in it too?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2009 - 01:16 PM

does the overflow need coolant in it too?

Im 100 percent sure there is a fill line on the over flow bottle...pull the side panel and look.

Here is what my coolant over flow looks like:

Posted Image

• erickdj

Posted September 18, 2009 - 02:25 PM

the pea shooter was removed....

The small restrictive piece was removed, but that baffle is still too small, so small you can't even stick a finger in there. You could simply remove that baffle altogether and leave the spark arrestor in place. It's not going to get that much louder(it will pass a sound test easily) and the bike will breathe better. Look at the picture Aaron posted and you'll see how big the opening is on that FMF exhaust.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:31 PM

Maybe sound is a concern? Maybe the PMB is too loud to be poaching some sweet SSS?

Hey Aaron that pic has an almost surreal quality to it. Like the bike was PS'ed into the pic.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:54 PM

Hey Aaron that pic has an almost surreal quality to it. Like the bike was PS'ed into the pic.

It was taken about 3 weeks ago up in Big Bear looking South. It was one of the best views I have seen while riding :busted:

• shrubitup

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:01 PM

Don't get out much do you? :busted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 19, 2009 - 11:21 PM

Don't get out much do you? :busted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sweet!

But the bike doesn't looked photoshopped into the pic like the earlier one.

• panaman

Posted September 20, 2009 - 04:15 AM

The small restrictive piece was removed, but that baffle is still too small, so small you can't even stick a finger in there. You could simply remove that baffle altogether and leave the spark arrestor in place. It's not going to get that much louder(it will pass a sound test easily) and the bike will breathe better. Look at the picture Aaron posted and you'll see how big the opening is on that FMF exhaust.

personally for me, after I rejetted and everything and did the AIS my bike runs perfect.... its snappy and strong the way it is.... its quiet too

I did add some zeta 30mm bar risers to it and it made a world of difference, I also put on some lightspeed carbon fiber frame guards.... i had to put one on the grinder though because it wouldn't fit right.. it was hitting the bolts on the brake reseviour

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.