Nissin lack bite

12 replies to this topic
  • neevothespaniel

Posted September 18, 2009 - 04:20 AM

Just wondering what people have done with the front brake. Rode a 450 Husaberg for a little while last Sunday and the Brembo's on that thing piss all over my brakes, even with a braided line?

The WR pulls up OK but the berg was noticeably sharper. I could shave a few seconds off with stopping power like that!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:01 AM

Just wondering what people have done with the front brake. Rode a 450 Husaberg for a little while last Sunday and the Brembo's on that thing piss all over my brakes, even with a braided line?

The WR pulls up OK but the berg was noticeably sharper. I could shave a few seconds off with stopping power like that!

Bigger rotor and honda pads if you want real stopping power

• tribalbc

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:05 AM

Check out this thread

http://www.thumperta...t brake upgrade

The jist of it is replace our pads with Honda OEM, a 07+ Honda front master cylinder with the linkage and if you want you could throw a Honda calliper on too.

I haven't tried this yet but the next time I replace my pads they will be Honda and I've been keeping my eyes open for a master cylinder.

• YamaLink

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:07 AM

My best and least costly has been the pad compound, too.

• ncampion

Posted September 18, 2009 - 09:18 AM

Try ceramic pads, they make it a whole different brake.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:35 PM

Those brembos stop too good IMO. Grab a handful too fast and you're goin over the bars.

The honda pad remedy sounds interesting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Those brembos stop too good IMO. Grab a handful too fast and you're goin over the bars.

My old 97 Husaberg 501 still had the strongest brakes I've ridden to this day.

• yammy225ttr

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:44 PM

I like my 1 finger braking with my brembo's. If only I could do the same with the clutch.

• neevothespaniel

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:45 PM

So too does the master cylinder swap. Will keep my eyes open for a 2nd hand 07+ one to try.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:55 PM

I like my 1 finger braking with my brembo's. If only I could do the same with the clutch.

The husky 2 smokes have a cable clutch?

The hydro clutch on the husky 4 strokes was one of the sweetest feeling I've ever experienced. 1 finger operation FTW!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:58 PM

The husky...was one of the sweetest feeling I've ever experienced

Whats "the husky" :busted: :thumbsup:

• TLRam1

Posted September 18, 2009 - 07:38 PM

What year CRF 450 brake pads work with an 04 WR?

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 19, 2009 - 11:17 PM

Whats "the husky" :thumbsup: :banana:

"Non-sense post - does not add any information of value to the discussion"
:busted:

:banana:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.