07 wr450 jetting issues

8 replies to this topic
  • thatraptorguy

Posted September 17, 2009 - 07:34 PM

i got a 07 wr450 i just picked up and at 3/4 steady throttle it studders bad but if you are going from no throttle to full throttle it wont studder at all...it has the ais done and the grey wire mod.....tore the carb apart today and here is what jets were in it
main-175
pilot-50
starter-65
leak-45
pilot air jet-110
and a red moose fuel screw
and it has a needle with 7 positions and the clip was right in the middle
it does this with the stock exhaust and also does it when i put the full pro circuit on....any help would be great

• TLRam1

Posted September 17, 2009 - 08:13 PM

Unplug your TPS throttle position sensor and see if that helps.

• KennyMc

Posted September 17, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Some good reading about the stutter.

http://www.thumperta...ghlight=stutter

• erickdj

Posted September 17, 2009 - 09:30 PM

I'm not sure where you're riding(elevation, temps) but I'd guess that the main, pilot, and needle are way too rich. I'd go to a 168 main, 48 pilot, 3rd or 2nd clip on needle, 2 turns out fuel screw. all this with the aftermarket exhaust installed. Mine doesn't stutter at any throttle position, and the TPS is connected on mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odlaw19

Posted September 17, 2009 - 10:44 PM

I used to have a 175 MJ and it would sputter heaps. Disconnecting the TPS helped when at steady speed but changing to a 170MJ and raising the clip 1 position helped heaps.

Dont change too much at once and keep track of the changes your make.

• odlaw19

Posted September 17, 2009 - 10:48 PM

Oh and do the oring mod... I'm not sure why I rode my bike for 1 year before doing it!

• thatraptorguy

Posted September 18, 2009 - 03:16 AM

Oh and do the oring mod... I'm not sure why I rode my bike for 1 year before doing it!

can you help me out with what the o ring mod is

• ww44wrf450f

Posted September 18, 2009 - 05:40 AM

Did you put your pipe on yet, 165(8)main, 48pilot, 65 starter,50-40 leak, needle in the 3 or 4th clip from top., You need to set the AP squirt, lift up the sub frame so you can look ito the rear of the carb.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=239791

http://www.thumperta...88&d=1192056593

Use a twist tie and slip 2 --- 1/4 to 3/8 o-rings over it.( i forget which size )
In the above picture PTScrew slip the two o-rings over the head of the screw and use the twist tie to gentley pull the o-rings over the back flat were the screw sits on the plastic, it will help strengthen the spring preload and give you a faster squirt.

• panaman

Posted September 18, 2009 - 06:08 AM

i got a 07 wr450 i just picked up and at 3/4 steady throttle it studders bad but if you are going from no throttle to full throttle it wont studder at all...it has the ais done and the grey wire mod.....tore the carb apart today and here is what jets were in it
main-175
pilot-50
starter-65
leak-45
pilot air jet-110
and a red moose fuel screw
and it has a needle with 7 positions and the clip was right in the middle
it does this with the stock exhaust and also does it when i put the full pro circuit on....any help would be great

Hey thatraptorguy

I am in ohio too...I just rejetted my 09 and it runs perfectly...
I bought the GYTR AIS removal kit and the JD jet kit....
here are my specs
Year: 2009
Model (400 - 426 - 450): 450
Cam Timing (WR/YZ): WR
Main jet: 165
Pilot Jet: 48
PAJ: Stock
Leak Jet: 45
Starter Jet: Stock (don't know what size it is)
Fuel screw (turns out): 1.5
Needle Model/Clip position: JD Red needle 5th clip
Grey Wire Mod (Y/N): Y
TPS Connected (Y/N): Y
Airbox Snorkel/Lid (on or off): off
AIS Removed (Y/N): Y
Airfilter Brand: Stock
Exhaust Brand: Stock (removed the little pee pee from the exhaust)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.