Question on the Grey wire mod

1 reply to this topic
  • h20ski

Posted April 08, 2003 - 04:25 PM

I've been browsing and it looks like I can get some more power out of my 01 WR426. Just where is this wire and what should I do? Also, my boy has a 99 WR400, Does the grey wire exsist on his bike and if so where. Does removing the grey wire cause any problems with the bike?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted April 08, 2003 - 05:09 PM

The owner's manual for each bike has a schematic in the electrical section which details the wiring coming out of the CDI. Having owned a 98 WR400, 02 WR426 and now a WR 450, there is only one gray wire coming out of the CDI in each instance. The connector under the right side of the tank may have been different, but that wire is your target. Unplug, insulate and hold on !

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.