back-up frame???

9 replies to this topic
  • tcuda499

Posted September 17, 2009 - 03:19 PM

I have a 2007 yz and dont have a frame crack but am always worried about it cracking on the neck weld. Theres alot of used frames out there for little money.....would i buy another 07 frame as a back up or an 06? I haven't seen any 08's yet but if so what would be the best one?

• grayracer513

Posted September 17, 2009 - 04:47 PM

Why would you not simply weld the crack if it happens?

• KtmKramer

Posted September 17, 2009 - 08:51 PM

You must jump like Maddo. Don't worry about it until it happens, then weld it. And frames are on ebay all the time. They'll be there if/when you need one.

• tcuda499

Posted September 18, 2009 - 11:53 AM

Gray,I like the idea of having an extra frame...... I dont jump like Maddo but my personal opinion is after rewelding it it will never be as stronge.Also an extra frame i can slowly start collecting parts for it:smirk: :busted: :thumbsup:

• USED YZ426F

Posted September 19, 2009 - 02:36 PM

Gray,I like the idea of having an extra frame...... I dont jump like Maddo but my personal opinion is after rewelding it it will never be as stronge.Also an extra frame i can slowly start collecting parts for it:smirk: :busted: :thumbsup:

If the weld is done properly, it should be just as strong as the original metal. If it is done properly, well then you get the idea.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_187

Posted September 19, 2009 - 08:18 PM

Of all the things I'm worried about breaking on my bike, the frame is one of the last I ever consider

• tcuda499

Posted September 22, 2009 - 04:21 PM

Now that we got some personal opinions out of the way..... Which is a better frame or is there no difference. 06 or 07? Thanks:bonk:

• cowboyona426

Posted September 23, 2009 - 06:03 AM

I'd get the 07, IIRC the steering head angle changed just ever so slightly to help the turning.

• grayracer513

Posted September 23, 2009 - 06:54 AM

The frames are fundamentally identical. The 0.2 degree steeper head angle is not particularly significant, and was largely due to a slightly longer shock and sag settings.

• tcuda499

Posted September 23, 2009 - 12:00 PM

thank you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.