Maintenance free exhaust (No packing)

4 replies to this topic
  • AfricaWR450

Posted April 08, 2003 - 03:32 PM

I am working in Guinea and i will bring my WR 450 with me. I am looking for an exhaust system(not the original) without muffler packing. I do not have access to any dealer in my area(Guinea). This is why i want to install a maintenance free muffler. I am tired always changing packing.
Does anyone knows about that ?

• XC800.X

Posted April 09, 2003 - 04:43 AM

The stock Euro WR 426 muffler doesn't require packing but is very restrictive and has no spark arrester. Dirt cheap too I'm sure. Maybe it could be made to fit. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moon

Posted April 11, 2003 - 10:33 AM

I looked inside my stock WR450 muffler and there is no packing to be replaced. It looked like a two chamber muffler and that's it.

• AfricaWR450

Posted April 11, 2003 - 11:52 AM

I have canadian version. I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust without packing.

• Lon13

Posted April 12, 2003 - 04:25 PM

When you said "no packing" I thought you wanted one that was gerbil-proof. :D :) :D :D :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.