does a bike sitting in a show room for 3 years cause any probolems?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i priced out everything needed for a complete rebuild included a new crank, but mine seems good except for slight wear on teeth, at thumpertalk. $2200.

should i just sell it and get a new bike. whatever bike i put money into im plannig on keeping for long time.

I would let it go for $800 and take that and find a good used bike or an 08,09 model that are still one dealer showroom floors.

ill proboly do that. are crf450f notorios for valve probolems? seems like every one says they are poorly designed. here is one for 3000 by me its an 06. it looks to be in great condition.

http://www.racersedge411.com/

its about the fithteenth one down on that site. click its picture and it shows the bike in detailed pictures. that place also buys broken bikes

CRFs are good from 07 and up... but i owuld still watch the valves closely just cause of the nature of yamaha... the crf will own a yzf though personally anyday

What exactly is the "nature of Yamaha"?

From all I have read and seen, The yamaha is a very reliable machine.

My 2001 (250 F)seems to have no problems keeping up with newer Honda's (250 f's).

Now If we were on a track instead of blazing around on fire roads they might have better suspension.

what did they change in 07 on the crf to get rid of valve problems? i really want to get a new bike but i could proboly get a used bike and have it paid for. the new bike i might have to wait longer to buy or go into debt a grand or two. i dont think the dealer would take much less than 4000 on a new 2006 yz450f. blue book is 3700 and they want 4300 right now.

CRFs are good from 07 and up... but i owuld still watch the valves closely just cause of the nature of yamaha... the crf will own a yzf though personally anyday

A quick search of the forums will show way more CRF's (both 250 AND 450) with valve problems than the blue counterparts. It is not at all unheard of for the Ti valves in the Hondas to have been improperly coated from the factory and wear out quickly.

As far as the CRF owning a YZ... you just keep on believing it. The bike with the better rider will win every time.