Suggestions on a top end pipe?

5 replies to this topic
  • ColoradoXR

Posted April 08, 2003 - 04:38 AM

My WR already has a good low end, but I want more top end to keep pulling with my bud's CR250's. At the same time, I don't want to lose much of my low end.

I've heard the Thunder Alley is mostly a low-end pipe. So, even though it gets raved about, I don't think it's what I'm looking for.

So, what I'm considering is the FMF Powercore IV, the Dr. D and the White Bros. Pro-Meg. Does anyone have any comments about these three or other pipes they think will boost the top end. :)

Posted April 08, 2003 - 05:24 AM

I put a DSP ti pipe on my WR, mellowed the low end a little bit but massive gains in the mid and top end, revs like my YZF now, also I think it's the lightest pipe on the market. :)

• wr250rr

Posted April 08, 2003 - 06:28 AM

Jardine :) is the pipe for top end. And noise too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FNG241_WR450F

Posted April 08, 2003 - 06:52 AM

If you don't mind spending the bucks, you should check out the Yoshimura titanium set-up.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 09, 2003 - 07:12 PM

YZ timing helps a lot. You will lose some bottom end. Then the Thunder alley pipe may make some sense to bring back some bottom end. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 09, 2003 - 07:55 PM

I have a White brothers if your interested, too noisy for trail riding here :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.