Barnett clutch?

4 replies to this topic
  • yz_ripper

Posted September 14, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hey guys, i've done a few things to get my 08 yz450 to rip. Im about 210lbs and was reading in Motocross Action that putting on a Barnett clutch for around $200 would get that bike fast! The problem now is that i still cant seem to get over a few 30ft table tops. Trust me i rip into it in 3rd blasting but it wont clear it, i need a stronger hit right out of the corner...

do you guys think this would do that for me? 2nd season on the OEM clutch anyway...

Thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Sorry, but a Barnett clutch won't make the bike one bit faster. Are you running the stock exhaust? If so, I know how you can get 5-7 hp at 5000 rpm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:20 PM

Practice. The bike doesnt have any problem clearing jumps bone stock.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:22 PM

I was thinking more corner speed.

• mywifefarts

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:27 PM

Looking at your list of mods I say that bike would be more than enough to clear 80+ foot tables out of corners!:busted: I like the 50 tooth rear sprocket personally.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.