Good camping spots in AZ

11 replies to this topic
  • MotocrossManiac

Posted September 13, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Does anyone know a good place in AZ to do some camping and trail riding? :busted:

• redrider58

Posted September 13, 2009 - 07:55 PM

well where in AZ are you wanting to ride?

• Stupendous

Posted September 13, 2009 - 10:21 PM

Cinders in Flagstaff but that season is almost over.

• scooby 450

Posted September 14, 2009 - 06:54 AM

Camp Wood/ Sheridan Mountain. Prescott, area.

• MotocrossManiac

Posted September 14, 2009 - 06:54 AM

well where in AZ are you wanting to ride?

anywhere in AZ. That's why i'm asking if anyone knows of a place in "AZ" :busted:

• MotocrossManiac

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:18 AM

Camp Wood/ Sheridan Mountain. Prescott, area.

Hey man thanks..

• tomshell

Posted September 14, 2009 - 08:19 AM

anywhere in AZ. That's why i'm asking if anyone knows of a place in "AZ" :busted:

That's like asking if there is any good beer from Europe.........It may help to narrow it down a bit. Like, what side of town are you on? How far do you want to travel? Tent camping? Remote camping? Rv? Desert riding? Woods? Jeep trails? Kids?

• redrider58

Posted September 14, 2009 - 07:10 PM

well camp wood is a good place to ride. if we ever go camping and trail riding its normally in southern NM. but Tucson has some really good riding, for whatever skill level of the rider, and whatever you want to ride.

• rydnseek

Posted September 16, 2009 - 04:32 AM

That's like asking if there is any good beer from Europe.........It may help to narrow it down a bit. Like, what side of town are you on? How far do you want to travel? Tent camping? Remote camping? Rv? Desert riding? Woods? Jeep trails? Kids?

Exactly. You can camp in the lower desert, but this time of year it will be hot. Camping is cooler in the mountains, but then you'll get some monsoons (late this year, but they've made up for it in volume! :busted:)

I think the 'when' is the first question to answer. Then it's easier to answer the 'where'.

Where in Az are you? How far do you want to drive to camp? There are some great riding spots near page.. parker & lake havasu, too. Tucson, of course.. payson, prescott, pinetop, flag... lots of great places to ride & camp. It's a big state, with lots of riding & camping possibilities.

scotty:cool:

there's beer in europe?

• MotocrossManiac

Posted September 16, 2009 - 06:53 AM

Exactly. You can camp in the lower desert, but this time of year it will be hot. Camping is cooler in the mountains, but then you'll get some monsoons (late this year, but they've made up for it in volume! :busted:)

I think the 'when' is the first question to answer. Then it's easier to answer the 'where'.

Where in Az are you? How far do you want to drive to camp? There are some great riding spots near page.. parker & lake havasu, too. Tucson, of course.. payson, prescott, pinetop, flag... lots of great places to ride & camp. It's a big state, with lots of riding & camping possibilities.

scotty:cool:

there's beer in europe?

Hey man thanks. I'm planning on the first weekend of Oct. I have my final race in NM on the 27th and I just wanna get away for a weekend. I'm in North Phoenix and I don't mind the travel. Well I'll look into some of those places. Thanks!!

• redrider58

Posted September 16, 2009 - 06:54 PM

well if you like racing, and want to go camping and in NM...the 50th annual mile high enduro in cloudcroft is just for you. but wait, theres more!!!..... you can go trail ride with your kids, hang out with guys who are racing, and there is pretty much any type of camping their! (while the limited time offer) :busted:

• MotocrossManiac

Posted September 17, 2009 - 07:09 AM

well if you like racing, and want to go camping and in NM...the 50th annual mile high enduro in cloudcroft is just for you. but wait, theres more!!!..... you can go trail ride with your kids, hang out with guys who are racing, and there is pretty much any type of camping their! (while the limited time offer) :thumbsup:

Lol, thanks but I mostly just race MX and Arenacross. As for trail riding, there are tons of trails in my hometown, in NM, which my old H.S. teachers and I go and tear up LOL. :busted: Yeah, there are tons of camping spots by my parents house, but I'm not looking for anything in NM. Thanks though :banana:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.