Moving breather hose to airbox

2 replies to this topic
  • hazey123

Posted September 13, 2009 - 05:29 PM

Looking to move the breather hose on my 2002 WR 426 up to the airbox. I am tired of the dripping oil on my garage floor and rather not worry about sucking water.
Any tips on exactly where to place the hose? Does it matter if the hose is above the valve cover (top of airbox)?
Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lillis

Posted September 16, 2009 - 11:24 AM

I just bought a WR with that hose moved to the airbox and a little bottle to collect the oil. The first thing i did was remove it.
The space in the airbox will get smaller, dont know if it has any effect on the motor, but still smaller air box.
Second thing is that when i removed it and let it hang loose it started to drop out oil that was left in the hose. And the oil that dripped out was white/gray from condensation from the hot oil. I dont want white/gray oil flow back in to the engine, if thats even possible? But i want to be on the safe side.

Maby it is a safe mod to do... But i rather wipe the floor=)

• mrlopez

Posted September 17, 2009 - 08:04 AM

I'm planning of moving mine to the front of the engine useing a red bull can I seen pictures done like that since it's require if you do Supermoto track

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.