Goggle Quick Strap

31 replies to this topic
  • banffboy

Posted April 08, 2003 - 07:53 AM

Hey Brandon
If you set up your mounting points right( Have your straps adjusted as long they can go). The mounting points will be around the center or slightly back of center from the front of the helmet. This will allow you to fasten the goggle behing your head when you are not using them. No more goggle flopping to the side when your riding :)

• Merfman

Posted April 08, 2003 - 08:49 AM

> Theres a simple fix for this problem.
> You just have to replace the velcro because its worn out. Put some new velcro on and you will see how much better it will hold.

I did. They didn't, so I sent with the even simpler fix. I use plain goggles. :)

I hardly ever ride without goggles anyway so it's not really a problem.

• dmbpipes

Posted April 08, 2003 - 02:48 PM

I have been using them for 4 years with great comfort. They never have fallen off, and they are easy to put on and take off. The glue is pretty much permenant so be sure they are where you want them when you put them on. And clean the helmet with alchol first. You also do not need to cut the straps off of your old goggles, slide the straps in and remove the plastic clips holing it on. The "Quick Strap" will reattach the same way. Once you try them you will never go back to the old way. :)
Wesley (Pittsburgh)

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted April 08, 2003 - 03:56 PM

yah they are great!i dont wear them but i do enjoy them!

when you come up on a goon or lapper that wearing them reach up and pull them off as you come up on them.then when they reach up to reattach them,hit their kill button.when they go to slap your hand off stomp their bike down a gear.its a well learned lesson for them not to hold up a faster rider.

you guys keep wearing them!i have fun with it! :)

• Knopey

Posted April 08, 2003 - 04:53 PM

Isn't it just as easy to slip off someone's regular goggle straps..? :)

Posted April 08, 2003 - 05:26 PM

No, as you go by, its a shorter reach for the quick strap- to pull the whole goggle strap you have to hold on and lift up...too much hassle when you're blasting by a spode and trying to hold the better line.

Burned..dude, I thought I was the only one to do that! Good to see another rider with the style and grace of the true full-on competitor. :D However, I have found that rather than kicking the shifter down, a quick fantail under their front wheel is also an effective technique and your feet don't have to leave the pegs and you can stay on the gas cause you don't have to pass on the left and grab with your right hand. :)

Say, other the quick strap, how many ways can you spot a racing spode? Tool pack on the fender? Boots (or tennis shoes) always clean? ArmourAll on the tires?
( :awww:Just kidding, guys)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_H

Posted April 08, 2003 - 08:02 PM

of course burned was just kidding :D

Isn't it just as easy to slip off someone's regular goggle straps..?

Everyone knows a DRZ never passes a blue bike. :D

My solution is to leave a Playboy around the pits to, hopefully, distract the better riders :)

• Pazzo_P

Posted April 09, 2003 - 02:55 AM

Here's another vote in favor of the Quick Strap!

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted April 09, 2003 - 03:49 AM

Isn't it just as easy to slip off someone's regular goggle straps..?

yes,but that handy little tab is provided for your conveinence on the quick straps! :)

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted April 09, 2003 - 03:51 AM

Everyone knows a DRZ never passes a blue bike

no problem if they dont get off the starting line.better keep your kill switch covered if your ever on line the next to me!i would hate for my hand to go over and shut your bike off for you with the board side ways.but it will start right back up right? :)

• BrandonW

Posted April 09, 2003 - 05:13 AM

With the '03 YZ cam, it will!

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted April 09, 2003 - 06:12 PM

Here's another vote against them. I like their convenience and used them for a couple of years, but when I'd get into the tight stuff, I found them too easily knocked off by close branches. Trying to re-attach them while maintaining speed is a real pain. New velcro may help but I got sick of worrying about it. I went back to regular straps and have been much happier since.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.