Crf230F blue smoke, help with cheapest fix?

2 replies to this topic
  • jabroni1m

Posted September 12, 2009 - 06:47 PM

Ok so I sunk my brothers crf230 in a mudhole a couple months ago and now it has started to put out a blue smoke at all times. The higher the rev, the bluer and more smoke it throws from the pipe. I'm assuming its the piston rings but i'm sure the piston and cylinder are screwed as well so I was wondering what the cheapest fix would be? Any ideas would greatly help. I looked at the bbr big bore kit but have to see locally what a bore honing will cost me. Thanks for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jabroni1m

Posted September 16, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Well after searching the forums for a couple days and google it looks like an aftermarket big bore piston is just about as cheap as a honda replacement so the only real increase in cost would be for a local machine shop to hone my cylinder bigger. Anyone know the average cost of getting that done?

• nastyrider17

Posted September 16, 2009 - 07:11 PM

I think that it's about 100$ or more. What other mods do you have on it?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda CRF230F 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF230F 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

What is the loudest aftermarket exhaust/muffler for a 09 crf230f by 230REVHEAD

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  48 replies
Forums
Photo

DOT Street Tires for a 2005 Honda CRF230F by daateamhonda

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

New gal here! So glad this part of TT exists! by mayorblurps

General   General Forums   Thumpette Forum
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

What bike to get... by Tandog99

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF150 R/Expert
  • Hot  27 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.