wr400 jetting

1 reply to this topic
  • read_ken

Posted April 07, 2003 - 01:29 PM

I have recently purchased a 2000 wr 400 and have ridden it on the beach in oregon with no problem then i went to about 5k elevation last weekend and the bike ran really rich. I searched through the archives and found some stuff but i was wondering if it being 20 to 30 degrees would make a huge difference in the jetting the mj was at 165 and i tried a 160 and a 155 with no luck. the paj was at 75 as well and the fuel screw was at 1 1/4 turns. Im a newbie and did not know anything about this until i came home and read a bunch of posts last night. Does anyone have a good setup for the beach and the desert. I talked to a guy this weekend where i was riding and he said that he never changes anything from riding at the beach to the high desert. Thanks Ken :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted April 07, 2003 - 06:40 PM

Own the same ride, I'm at 4000ft. and am using a 162 main and the rest stock. YZ exhaust. I have no problems with plugs or power. Do your homework and give the carb. a good clean up including the accel. pump assy. and use a good high grade pump gas. I did back off one size on the rear tooth to gain more top end and gas mileage running in the Nv. deserts. Have no problem dusting a 1987 CR 500 at will.
Clean the air filter often, the motor loves alot of air.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.