FMF Q series muffler

2 replies to this topic
  • YZ426Tony

Posted April 07, 2003 - 12:48 PM

Hey guys has anyone ever repacked a FMF Q muffler? if you have how did you do it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted April 07, 2003 - 01:08 PM

I have the PowerCore IV, but I doubt they are much different. All that I did was remove the pipe from the bike, I then took out the four allen-head bolts that are on the end of the cannister closest to the mid-pipe, and that allowed the cannister to be slipped off of the core. All of the packing was wrapped around this core. I then removed the old burnt stuff, re-wrapped with new packing material, slid the cannister back over the freshly wrapped core, inserted the four allen-head bolts, and remounted the pipe.

I think the entire job took about 2.5 beers.

• Tom14911

Posted April 07, 2003 - 02:07 PM

Is your question how to or what to use? Repack is basic as explained above. Don't unscrew/takeoff the cap end work from the header side. As to the packing..........LOOSLEY install some of the MSR silent sport or the FMF pre packed tube stuff. Both work nicely and are pretty good at sound dampening. Good luck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.