IMS or Clarke Tank?

42 replies to this topic
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted November 16, 2009 - 11:27 AM

FWIW I have decided to go with Clarke - cheaper and uses stock shrouds so cheaper still.

If my shrouds were all messed up I would go with IMS and Polisport YZ shrouds.

I'd be interested in knowing how this works out as far as the fit & finish. I may switch from the IMS to Clarke at some point only because I have perfect stock shrouds and graphics up in the rafters and would kind of like the extra .5 gal capacity.

One thing to consider between these two tanks is that the IMS works for both YZ and WR and the Clarke 3.6 only for the WR. I was trying to think why that is and I believe that being that the 3.6 is made for the WR, it likely has a better fit with the WR seat. On the IMS, the WR seat fits fine, but seems like there is extra space as I believe the YZ seat is a bit wider right at the front where it runs up the tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redhurricane

Posted November 16, 2009 - 01:49 PM

Do you not realize that getting the IMS also means spending another $100+ on shrouds and graphics? That alone makes the Clarke the better deal, but then when you add on that the Clarke is $50 less expensive, you are now talking about close to $160 more by getting the IMS.

Maybe I missed something. I have a 2006 WR450, and the stock shrouds bolted up perfect to my IMS 3.1 tank. I just gave my personal experience on IMS, I've owned Clarke products on other bikes and both manufacturers make a quality product. They hold fuel.

• Wrfrk

Posted November 16, 2009 - 03:01 PM

Maybe I missed something. I have a 2006 WR450, and the stock shrouds bolted up perfect to my IMS 3.1 tank. I just gave my personal experience on IMS, I've owned Clarke products on other bikes and both manufacturers make a quality product. They hold fuel.

the key to your response there is that you have an '06, things changed in 07 and up bikes....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.