Best dual-sport mirror?

10 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted April 07, 2003 - 09:10 AM

I'm looking for a dual-sport mirror. I would like something that is small and will easily fold down out of the way. Tell me what you have used and your likes/dislikes.

• BrandonW

Posted April 07, 2003 - 10:57 AM

I have the Acerbis (How does one pronounce that, anyways? :) ) and they fold down nicely, and they are pretty durable, but they are functionally crap. Cannot see a thing from vibrations, or because my arm is in the way. I have looked for other options, but have not seen many.

One thing that I recently saw, that piqued my interest was the "strap-on" mirrors that are available in the snowmobile market. That have a 3/4 inch hook and latch (Velcro) strap that snowmobiliers strap to the backs of thier hands. In this application, the rider had it strapped to his bar near the rear brake reseviour , and it looked as though he could see underneath his right arm. Plus, the mirror was concave (or was it convex?) so it showed a very wide angle.

I did not ride with it, but I am thinking about it.

(What? Rear brake res on the bars? Thanks for not busting me in the chops, whoever did catch that!)

• EM_rider

Posted April 07, 2003 - 11:21 AM

Yep, the Acerbis mirror is functionally useless, but it does satisfy the legal requirement to have a mirror.

I actually wanted a mirror that works and eventually chose the dual star fold away mirror. So far, it has worked very well. It is also low and out of harm's way which is a good thing when riding in the trees. Check it out.

http://www.dual-star...ble_mirror1.htm

• xr600r

Posted April 07, 2003 - 11:26 AM

ahhh-chair-bees :)

• FNG241_WR450F

Posted April 07, 2003 - 03:48 PM

Try Electrex. High quality dual sport stuff. NB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tootall

Posted April 07, 2003 - 07:24 PM

http://www.dual-star.com/

I like the small mirrors from dual star. They have a picture on their website :)

• FOX426

Posted April 08, 2003 - 03:48 AM

Ken-Sean folding mirror. Works good as stock, folds out of way, adjustable height, works great. I never take it off just fold it down on gnarly trails, never think about it. :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 08, 2003 - 04:20 AM

I like the Ken-Sean mirror but noticed it doesn't come with the handlebar mount. Did you get yours at Baja Design's?

• Bamster

Posted April 09, 2003 - 03:42 AM

Back in the 80's I remember a mirror you could get that sat
flush against the handle bar . It was a little rectangle about 2.5 inches by 4 inches. When you looked down you were actually seeing under your arm not over. It would never get hung up on brush . Anybody ever see these or know where I can get one?

• tctrailrider

Posted April 09, 2003 - 09:26 AM

EM,
Thank you, thank you. Just what i'm after, ordered one yesterday.

• john450f

Posted April 09, 2003 - 11:15 AM

I bought one @ local MC shop forabout 7.00. Has CIBA stamped on it(assume thats a brand name). Anyway it velcros to left grip and does allow some rearview, if objects are close enough. When pavement ends it goes in fanny pack. Con- if you tip over on that side it is done. At 7.00 a pop it works for me

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.