YZ 426 with WR stator timing question

3 replies to this topic
  • dunerat

Posted September 10, 2009 - 06:25 PM

i have an 02' YZ and installing WR stator and flywheel for lighting,is the ignition timing going to be the same or is the WR timing different? one more question about compression...are the 13.5 pistons a significat increase?should i stay with stock? . building this bike for woods. THANX

• pablo83

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:40 PM

i have an 02' YZ and installing WR stator and flywheel for lighting,is the ignition timing going to be the same or is the WR timing different? one more question about compression...are the 13.5 pistons a significat increase?should i stay with stock? . building this bike for woods. THANX

Are you switching to a WR wiring harness and CDI?

The YZ and WR have different timing. Timing is controlled by the CDI. If you are switching to a WR CDI you can change it back to the YZ ignition map by cutting (or not attaching) the grey wire.

Is that what you were asking?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dunerat

Posted September 11, 2009 - 07:20 PM

Are you switching to a WR wiring harness and CDI?

The YZ and WR have different timing. Timing is controlled by the CDI. If you are switching to a WR CDI you can change it back to the YZ ignition map by cutting (or not attaching) the grey wire.

Is that what you were asking?

yes,im only changing the stator and flywheel.cutting the wire is what i was told to do....thanx :busted:

• pablo83

Posted September 11, 2009 - 07:46 PM

yes,im only changing the stator and flywheel.cutting the wire is what i was told to do....thanx :busted:

if you're not changing the CDI and wiring harness then you don't have to do anything. There is no grey wire on the YZ and you CDI will keep your YZ timing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.