WR/YFZ interchangable?

2 replies to this topic
  • Trick188

Posted September 09, 2009 - 11:22 AM

So after searching forever I was wanting to clarify- is the WR motor out of a 2005 WR 450 the same as any YFZ 450 quad motor? I read some conflicting answers. I'm mostly curious about the cylinder/head/piston?? Thanks in advance :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted September 09, 2009 - 03:18 PM

Use the microfiche to check part numbers on both and see if they match. It is a sure fire way to know rather than relying on someone's BS.

Here is a link to get you started
http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp

• Trick188

Posted September 09, 2009 - 09:16 PM

ya but problem there is even if the numbers dont match it doesnt mean they arent interchangable. Like the cylinder head for example. The numbers are different but I think its just because of the decomp plug is rubber in one and cast alum. in the other?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.