WR450 steering traits and rear wheel question

1 reply to this topic
  • the go-devil

Posted April 06, 2003 - 08:38 PM

Damn, I took my new WR out for it's maiden voyage on Saturday and it felt like the steering was way too responsive, especially in rocks or bumpy conditions, it felt really twitchy. I'm saying this all in comparison to how my 00 WR400 handled which was on the other end of the spectrum. It seemed like you really had to try to make it turn, but it tracked very well on the rough stuff. Anybody else who has had an older model notice this or is it just me?
I also was going to start looking around for a used rear wheel to use for a paddle and was wondering what years will work on the 450. I remember hearing that Yamaha changed the width of the rear hub but I can't remember what year it was.
Thanks for any info. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_bo

Posted April 07, 2003 - 04:37 AM

Mine is pretty twitchy also. I have never had to use a steering dampner before, but I may have to do it now. I did increase the rebound dampning on the rear shock by about 4 clicks. This kept the back end from jumping around and feels less twitchy in the rough stuff, but it still needs some help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.