02 YZ426 high idle after small fall

1 reply to this topic
  • rufusz

Posted September 09, 2009 - 01:06 AM

Hi,

Was riding my 02 426F in the woods and in a really hard uphill section I've "leaned" the bike to side a couple of times, nothing big, just getting out of grip and dropping the bike. Anyway, we kept riding and I've noticed that when I'm in gear riding at let's say 1/2 throttle and pull the clutch, the rev doesn't drop to idle. But if I use the brakes to lower the rpms and then pull the clutch it stays there, nice low. Any ideas? Could I broke something in the carb? Or did it sough up some dirt from the tank/carb?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 09, 2009 - 07:10 AM

You're describing a "hanging idle", which is usually because of a lean condition.

• Loose fit/air leak at the carb mounting sleeve
  • lean idle mix
  • hot start not seating
  • tight intake valves

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.