suspension setup tips wanted

3 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted June 20, 2001 - 04:07 PM

I'm hitting an outdoor MX track for the first time this friday and I need to setup my suspension. I weigh about 160 without gear. Any general tips from people of similar size would be great!

• motoman393

Posted June 21, 2001 - 04:51 AM

I weight 162lbs. w/o gear and I am still on the stock clicker settings (sometimes I go 1-2 softer on the top if the track has alot of braking bumps)! I ride strictly MX and it rides really good! This bike comes from the factory setup for a 180lb guy, so it works great for a fast 162lb er'! ! I also bleed the air out of my forks every time I come in and it helps with the harshness! Im sure mine is not perfect but it works good! Oh yeah I forgot I have Mobil 1 ATF in mine it helps to stiffen the front end and it doesnt dive on corners anymore!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

[This message has been edited by motoman393 (edited 06-21-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dhvann

Posted June 21, 2001 - 03:30 PM

Motoman,

I'm new to this, so forgive me. How do you bleed the air from the forks?

Don

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 21, 2001 - 04:59 PM

There are vent screws on the top next to the rebound adjusters.

Also thanks for the reply. I set it back closer to stock (I had the compression turned way out) and I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I won't pogo myself to death. :)

[This message has been edited by sirthumpalot (edited 06-21-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.