Auxiliary Fuel Tank

4 replies to this topic
  • fiedoc1

Posted September 08, 2009 - 03:29 PM

Anyone know if its possible to mount a acerbis number plate tank to a wr450?

• GCannon

Posted September 08, 2009 - 03:50 PM

What about this:
https://www.bajadesi...anel Tank Yz/wr

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fiedoc1

Posted September 08, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Its gotta fit an 08. The side tank fits 98-02... I saw the adapter but after paying 155 for the tank and 40 for the adapter I might as well by a desert tank.

• GCannon

Posted September 09, 2009 - 08:27 AM

Its gotta fit an 08. The side tank fits 98-02... I saw the adapter but after paying 155 for the tank and 40 for the adapter I might as well by a desert tank.

I agree, It will carry the fuel weight better be see through and you will be happier for years without loosing your headlight. Sounds like it might be worth the extra $$$

• wondermuscle

Posted September 09, 2009 - 03:23 PM

You can but you can't keep the light. The side tank is the way to go.

Or if you want to go on the cheap. Use a radiator fluid bottle strapped to your hip via a fanny pack or to your backpack. But don't be a jacka$$ and ditch the bottle in the middle of nowhere just so you don't have to carry it anymore. :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.