All NEW 2010 YZ450f Released!

48 replies to this topic
  • tribalbc

Posted September 10, 2009 - 06:04 AM

So, you assume that there is not any reasoning behind delivering the Yamaha this way, eh? Could it in fact be that Yamaha want's less scrutiny over it's entire product line for EPA compliance? Could it be that they all ready know that delivering a YZ motor with a few changes is much easier for us to modify to competitive status than re-designing the whole motor, making it very expensive to meet red-sticker performance?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

My 450X took years to figure out how to get it to run fast and stay torquey. My WR took about three hours.

I would be MUCH more concerned about suspension. It took Yamaha years to catch up there......

Exactly :busted:

• 2in2out

Posted September 10, 2009 - 06:29 AM

No sense fretting about the future of the WR. I am sure we will see the 2011 or 12 WR with the same FI configuration as the YZ.

And someone will have a solution for increasing the gas tank size by then.

In 2012 is when the Mayan Calendar predicts doomsday. he better hurry, because I want to ride one before we're all gone!!!

• beezer

Posted September 10, 2009 - 08:39 AM

When I go to an offroad event all I see are orange bikes now.

KTM must be doing something right.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 10, 2009 - 09:39 AM

When I go to an offroad event all I see are orange bikes now.

KTM must be doing something right.

How many of them are in the winner's circle? It's keeping up with the jones'.... yes, KTM markets well, they sell the US consumers a product that appeals to the masses...

The Yamaha is still a better platform from the motor up (except suspension:busted:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted September 10, 2009 - 11:05 AM

The Lafferty's are in the winners circle quite a bit.

Seriously, I'd love to have a WR4fitty with YZ forks, a motor that can be run stock maybe with FI.

That YZ with an e-start and a big tank.

And a pallet of PBR.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 10, 2009 - 11:22 AM

I'd love to have a WR4fitty with YZ forks, a motor that can be run stock maybe with FI.

Why cant you? My 450 runs great and the motor is stock (internals)

As for the forks, ANY good tuner and make them work extremely well but heck you can find YZ forks all day long on ebay for CHEAP...

• tribalbc

Posted September 10, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Getting back on topic.
Why does the Canadian site show a 2010 WR450 with BNG and a "new" gripper seat cover.
The US site has only the 09 WR and I read this in the YZ forum.
Read the last line

http://www.thumperta...50&postcount=12

• whatttup_g

Posted September 10, 2009 - 04:37 PM

yeah that was me... and from the horses mouth... if you see a 2010, it will be a 2009 production model regardless of badge, this goes for all TTR, all PW, all WR... if bikes in those groups are sold, they will be taken from current '09 inventory, or produced as needed off in 2010 as if they were simply extra '09's

now i'm in california listening to the west coast US presentation... canadia might be doing something 2010'ish... but i can tell you what japan is doing, and that is tossing cost overboard, in fact they shot so hard on this YZ launch, its arguable that they will need a year plus to retool across the lineup anyways... say what you will about that bike, the engineering effort needed to make that thing rip was dead obvious to me, the fact my hand does not fit in the airbox proves it alone... how many prototypes do you think it took to make that thing breath... i'm guessing a metric assload to be exact :busted::D:D

• tribalbc

Posted September 10, 2009 - 06:18 PM

The MSRP of the Can WR (same old) is $100 more than the new YZ450 :busted:

http://www.yamaha-mo...dex.php?group=M

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.