It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:05 PM

i got a good question, how do you get to the air filter? i hope you dont have to take off the seat and the tank to get to it.

I am not sure how big a deal changing the filter will be??? mabe a couple extra bolts to remove to flip the tank up?? Looks like the filter is more of a flat automotive style, would be a faster clean job perhaps.

I have a good question, too: Why not read the thread to see if your question's already been answered? Two or three times. :busted: :thumbsup:

As discussed earlier, air filter access is by removing the radiator shrouds,

• Blaster21996

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:25 PM

It is now our time! The time of the YZ! All hale the great YZ!

Already ordered and waiting!:busted:

• SparksXR426

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hmmm.....already doing a mental budget for a leftover 2010:smirk:or maybe an '11. Very well thought out bike, fuel capacity sucks but greater efficiency will offset some of that. NOW its going to be the ride reports everyone will be dieing to here. Anxious to see what the changes do to its off road characteristics, quite like my '08 for bush riding.

• twenty34

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:27 PM

Not sure anyone noticed, but watching JS and other riders go through the whoops on this bike, it's ain't looking good. Maybe just stock suspension, but the front looks like it's diving way to much and the bike seems to push the rider way forward. Also there were some drop away jumps and the bike just didn't look all that impressive when they were landing. Not sure, but did anyone else notice the handling of this bike in the vids?

This bike now shares the same wheelbase as the 09 CRF and Yamaha went to a more aggressive front offset, so it'll be interesting to hear some real ride reports. I sure hope it turns better than in the past.

Lastly, does anyone feel the location of the air filter is in a less favorable location when riding in wet conditions?

• tom a payne

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:34 PM

If looks could kill all other bikes would be dead, but lets wait to se how this thing works. They went all out obviously but will it work out of the box?
Damn man it does look killer...:busted:

• sean3239

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:36 PM

Not sure anyone noticed, but watching JS and other riders go through the whoops on this bike, it's ain't looking good. Maybe just stock suspension, but the front looks like it's diving way to much and the bike seems to push the rider way forward. Also there were some drop away jumps and the bike just didn't look all that impressive when they were landing. Not sure, but did anyone else notice the handling of this bike in the vids?

YES! I did notice that. I thought (or hoped) maybe it was just the spacing between the whoops or something...not typical supercross whoops. JS definitely was not skimming them like usual but who knows, we shall see.

• SHRacing

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Didn't read much but that is one GOOD looking bike:thumbsup:

• SC_Spode

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:48 PM

Well, If this does'nt make a 450 feel light? Then I dont know what will?

20 less pounds would probably go a long way toward that goal. :busted:

:thumbsup:

• MedMx86

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Cant wait to pick up my 2010 bikes(250/450). Looks like I'll be on Yamahas...:busted:

• SC_Spode

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:53 PM

What do they mean by "pent-proof" when talking about the valves and head?

This might help.

If my grey noggin hasn't failed me, I believe Honda used this design on the big XR engines about 30 years ago.

:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted September 08, 2009 - 05:55 PM

I'm very impressed by what I've seen so far, but I think time will tell all for this bike. I'm super excited to see how it fairs in some real world testing.
I won't be rushing out to put money down one on, but maybe a leftover 10 or 11 will be in my future and I can be rid of this fickle handling 06. My biggest concern is fuel capacity for the woods guys... I hope the aftermarket boys can pull some magic out of their hats and find a way to get 2.5 gallons of fuel or so.

• twenty34

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:05 PM

I'm very impressed by what I've seen so far, but I think time will tell all for this bike. I'm super excited to see how it fairs in some real world testing.
I won't be rushing out to put money down one on, but maybe a leftover 10 or 11 will be in my future and I can be rid of this fickle handling 06. My biggest concern is fuel capacity for the woods guys... I hope the aftermarket boys can pull some magic out of their hats and find a way to get 2.5 gallons of fuel or so.

I still miss my 06 YZ dearly. Great bike!!!!

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:08 PM

20 less pounds would probably go a long way toward that goal. :busted:

Weight placement is what this bike is all about. All the weight is in the center of the bike. It's prolly why Yamaha went to a 22mm clamp offset from a 25mm to put some weight on the front wheel for good turning.

• rozero1234

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:09 PM

Shock absorber problems foresee i do.

• SC_Spode

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:09 PM

I like the blue better two this year. yeah i bet the bike feels lighter too, even though it weights more. Thats most of the reason why two strokes feel so light.

My 250 2Ts feel light because they are light. They weigh under 220 lbs (one is under 210) and they have a lower center of gravity than my 4T motors.

Heck, my 125 is under 200 lbs. :busted:

• SC_Spode

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Weight placement is what this bike is all about. All the weight is in the center of the bike.

Understood, but all things being equal, having to locate 20 less pounds is that much better. :busted:

• jschner

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:20 PM

Quicker turning.
Reverse Head.
EFI
245lbs wet without fuel.

That is a mighty fine 02' Cannondale you got there. :thumbsup:

j/k That looks like a very nice bike guys! :busted:

The tank is pretty small but it is for the track right? Being about as heavy as the Dale X440 do you guys think it will suffer the same fate on the track, good holeshots and smooth power but gets heavy toward the end? Maybe more of a hare-scramble bike? Hopefully, someone figures out a larger tank and a green sticker.

• ReedRulz

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:22 PM

It looks to me like there is a lot of jelious Honda riders on here trying to put down the new YZ450F get over it dudes Yamaha just kicked all the other guys buts with this new bike. This is the biggest thing since Yamaha invented the modern 4 stroke mx bike. It seems as though Yamaha is the leader in inovation. All I can say to all the haters is quit whining and get a Yamaha.

• ReedRulz

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:25 PM

This bike now shares the same wheelbase as the 09 CRF and Yamaha went to a more aggressive front offset, so it'll be interesting to hear some real ride reports. I sure hope it turns better than in the past.

Lastly, does anyone feel the location of the air filter is in a less favorable location when riding in wet conditions?

The 09 seemed to turn pretty good on the 09 SX series you should ask James what he thinks of the handling.

• jsleeper

Posted September 08, 2009 - 06:32 PM

It looks to me like there is a lot of jelious Honda riders on here trying to put down the new YZ450F get over it dudes Yamaha just kicked all the other guys buts with this new bike. This is the biggest thing since Yamaha invented the modern 4 stroke mx bike. It seems as though Yamaha is the leader in inovation. All I can say to all the haters is quit whining and get a Yamaha.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves! Nobody here has seen it in person, never mind ridden one! A little early to be saying it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Seriously though, nice bike....but makes me want to ride a 2T even more for some reason! I look at it and think....ooh high tech! Then, oh no high tech!

JS

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.