It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:14 PM

Kudos to Yamaha for keeping the MSRP real. (My number one concern):thumbsup:

The bike looks phenomenal and I can not wait to see a review much less throw a leg over one after Nov.

I suspect the 2011 will weigh less but man the 2010 sure is sweet and offers the latest technology. I assume every other manufacturer today just tossed out every design plan for 2011 and now have to start a whole new design plan.....as everything else is now old school. :busted:

Honda you are getting ready to get eaten for lunch.....:banana:

• matthew trachsler

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:20 PM

B E A U T I F U L L !

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:26 PM

Gray, does the efi work the same no matter what position the bike is in (ie: upside down)? Don't have to worry about flooding anymore?

EFI works completely independent of position as long as there is fuel at the pump inlet.

It also completely ceases to deliver fuel when the engine quits, so it doesn't flood the engine while laying on its side.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:32 PM

Geez the GYTR list for this bike is very impressive......ported head and camshafts and high comp piston will make this thing untouchable. The programmable ignition system w/o a laptop...is so cool.
Again the competition just got dusted......

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:44 PM

So far, it looks like everyone who thought Yamaha was going to half-ass this thing were, um, WRONG.

• gp199

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:44 PM

Amazing job by Yamaha. That thing is a work of art.

• Luv2crash

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Excellent reason for holding off on FI for 08 and 09. They took there time and i'm guessing got it right. Not to mention the phenominal rest of the bike

• Markopolo400

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:55 PM

Yamaha will sell all of them this year because its the new technology for motocross.

And although there was a lot of engineering that went into designing this bike, I wouldn't buy one if I had the money.

• sconeracing

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:55 PM

yeah I think i will wait till 2011 to get mine, I like what Yamaha has done, but I am still not sold on the looks(husky) so I am hold off till I get to play on one.

• KAS

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think Yamaha just kinda handed everyone else their ass.

Sure hope this trickles down to the WR eventually.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJRace

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:57 PM

while the bike is different than most everything out there except a Husaberg, it is still an unproven model. Suspension looks normal yamaha factory good stuff. The engine is off the R1 like anticipated, for the new design, well maintenance might be a bit problematic. Especially air filter access.

for the programmer, from what I could read into what is posted, you can plug it into a laptop maybe and download different mappings. very nice for track, but I would still like the manufacturer's to come up with something like the OBDI or better yet OBDII specifications so they are universal between brands. Or just use a USB plug in and then download the software from the manufacturer's website.

Different, but I still remember the 06 YZF bikes. Good start, but a few valve problems and 07 cured a lot of the handling issues that people complained about. Good lesson to never buy a 1st year bike, much like the 06 YZfs & 09 crf450.

Should be a good shootout. New KTM ergos, refined honda kawi suzuki and new yamaha. Should be interesting since KTM is the only brand not using the Honda inspired frame.

• 68b_body

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:05 PM

Well they sure didn't leave room for sponsor stickers

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:12 PM

... maintenance might be a bit problematic. Especially air filter access.

As discussed earlier, air filter access is by removing the radiator shrouds, and the frame is more out of the way of the valve cover than it ever has been, so what are you talking about?

Different, but I still remember the 06 YZF bikes. Good start, but a few valve problems

Now I am bewildered. What valve problems?

• grunkthump

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:17 PM

WHEN will the first ride reports be coming?? Didn't the mag people get to swing a leg TODAY at Glen Helen?? I was surprised to see sept. delivery for these bikes...NICE!!

• Luv2crash

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:30 PM

I'm really hoping the changes will make it dice through the woods and singletrack more like, dare i say a 2stroke

• Troutman

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:31 PM

Different, but I still remember the 06 YZF bikes. Good start, but a few valve problems and 07 cured a lot of the handling issues that people complained about. Good lesson to never buy a 1st year bike, much like the 06 YZfs & 09 crf450.

Huh??? The 06 YZF's are the example of reliability and are still rock solid. Never heard of any issues:bonk: You must be thinking of a different bike.

• PK

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:39 PM

I had an 06 YZ450F and I remember the 06 250F's had a bad batch of valves or something along those lines but that was a manufacturing problem with the valves that was quickly fixed by Yamaha.

I love the innovation the new YZ450 brings with it, I can't wait to see what the consensus is in a few months...

• mx730md

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:42 PM

not sure about the crf450 but i take it your talking about the yz250f in 06? if so yamaha voluntary recalled every yz250f 2006 to replace the intake valve free of charge. that had nothing to do with 1st year bike just a bad batch of valves. which they had in pinpointed down the batch but still recalled everybike. where as the honda i believe was a design flaw on to small of a decompression pin... if i had the money i would buy any newly released yamaha you never really hear about first year gidders with yamaha mostly just what people prefer like handling where one person loves it the next hates it ...

• ncmountainman

Posted September 08, 2009 - 02:48 PM

i'm ready for a new bike but my biggest concerns are fuel capacity and will it start 1st kick everytime for dead engine starts?
gray, omniscient leader of the yz's:worthy: will those changes in bore/stroke not kill some bottom end grunt?? they seem to be bragging on increases in bottom torque? or maybe the faster the shorter rod gets to the next stroke the power just builds quicker:thinking:

• stevekawi

Posted September 08, 2009 - 03:03 PM

In regards to map changing to the on board computer controlled EFI: Yamaha website says their hand-held device plugs into bike and does not require lap-top. You will be able to download different maps with GYT device no extra computer needed!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.