It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted September 08, 2009 - 11:57 AM

I can already hear Chad Reed whining about not being competitive next year because he is stuck with 'old' technology.

• mx730md

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:03 PM

Anyone see any hard info regarding split oil supplies or wet vs. dry sump?

looks like its going to be a wet sump . look at the bottom of the page.

http://www.racerxonl...troduction.aspx

• twenty34

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:07 PM

They are $9,000 and I heard late November or early December for delivery. Dealers will only get 11 units for the year so deposits early will ensure you can get one.

Perhaps if you have to be #1 in line to get one.

In 08, we had the 09 CRF MSRP listed for 7499. Some who wanted it day 1 were willing to pay 9K+ for it. I purchased mine in Sept of 08 for 7599 OTD. Mind you, this was in CALI. Out of state, high 6K's OTD.

Now they are going used for 5-6K and new for around 7K or so.

I don't think the demand will be as high for the YZ in comparison and in a down economy.

• twenty34

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:10 PM

dry is 234. 245 is wet weght

The 2010 YZ450 seems to be 11lbs heavier than the 09 CRF at 234 (wet weight).

Interesting. Very interesting.

• zach v

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Just spoke with the sales manager at the local dealership. He SAYS he should have a couple on the floor in the next couple of weeks. We will see. Put my name on the list with a trade it so I'll let you all know shortly.

• Beaz

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Wounder why its 7 pounds heavied than a 09
I wish they would make it lighter

• FinchFan194

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:20 PM

I can't beleive most of the rumors were true very exciting time for Yamaha.

• norcal_hoss

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:23 PM

im all over that. Formula 1 technology there boys that things crazy.

• grunkthump

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:27 PM

EFI always seems to add weight...HOWEVER, i suspect it will FEEL much lighter than an 09'...(JS7 says it feels "almost like a 125!!")...SIGN ME UP!!
And yes it sounds like a wet sump single oil supply...surprising.

• KtmKramer

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:27 PM

I can't beleive most of the rumors were true very exciting time for Yamaha.

Who do you think started the rumors? It's called marketing and hype. If they wanted to keep it a secret like the yz400 and the yz250f, they would have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdefonce

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:28 PM

In the first place, I don't see how you can call it ugly, but that's me. But let me point out again, lots of ugly stuff is very effective; Glock pistols, the M249 SAW, the F-117, Irish Wolfhounds.....

If you want bling, I'd suggest building a chopper. Politely, of course. :busted:

Indeed!
and, adding to the list; the new Husabergs . . . effective, innovative, but probably not as "ugly" as the new Yamahas.;-)

• psellers22

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:29 PM

looks like its gonna be tough checking valves!!!:busted:

• KtmKramer

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:30 PM

EFI always seems to add weight...HOWEVER, i suspect it will FEEL much lighter than an 09'...(JS7 says it feels "almost like a 125!!")...SIGN ME UP!!
And yes it sounds like a wet sump single oil supply...surprising.

JS is paid big money to say that. There's no escaping 245 lbs.

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:33 PM

looks like its going to be a wet sump . look at the bottom of the page.

http://www.racerxonl...troduction.aspx

Nope. Dry sump with one oil supply. Posted earlier:

http://www.yamaha-mo...?view=techspecs

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:40 PM

looks like its gonna be tough checking valves!!!:busted:

On the contrary. With the perimeter frame, and no carb cables running over the top of the engine, it looks like it should be easier.

• snoop76

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:51 PM

People have been moving the bore away from the crank center line on Briggs and stratton cart engines for years... why so long for motor bikes?

• SUnruh

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:56 PM

guess who is waiting for the '11 yz250f ?

it starts with ME and ends with ME!

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2009 - 12:57 PM

People have been moving the bore away from the crank center line on Briggs and stratton cart engines for years... why so long for motor bikes?

Some of the top engine builders involved with flat trackers and such have been doing this too, but it's a complicated modification to accomplish after the fact. Longer rods work the same way, and are somewhat simpler to deploy.

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:04 PM

I like how it looks with all the carb vent hoses gone...
22mm offset clamps, adjustable position bars...Nice...
And I don't think the seat will get hot...You can see the heat shield material lining the plastic that covers the pipe, then there's a whole bunch of open pass through air flow under the seat...And no worries of hot gasoline going to the carb...Nice...
Gray, does the efi work the same no matter what position the bike is in (ie: upside down)? Don't have to worry about flooding anymore?

• steve_97060

Posted September 08, 2009 - 01:10 PM

i'm thinking i'll be picking one of these units up in the next year after the initial rush wears off..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.