It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted December 02, 2009 - 05:10 AM

That sure is pretty! Dam they look good!

• ProMed

Posted December 02, 2009 - 05:25 AM

Posted Image

It's HERE

Looks great! What made you go with #316?

• Davey762

Posted December 02, 2009 - 06:56 AM

Cause stone cold said so! lol kidding.

Nice looking bike.. too bad the north american blue version doesnt come with black rims!

• cowboyona426

Posted December 02, 2009 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image

It's HERE

I think I'm in love...

• LEMMON1

Posted December 02, 2009 - 10:38 AM

that thing is sexi

• motojase316

Posted December 02, 2009 - 01:53 PM

316 is the number given to me my MA, here in Australia (our AMA) they assign permanent senior national numbers to you with your licence and provided you keep your license up to date the number stays with you. been 316 since 1997.

• honda597

Posted December 03, 2009 - 12:02 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

After putting a few more hours on this bike i belive it will set a new benchmark for the others. I have riden all the 2010 bikes bar the KX450, and i would have to say that the yamaha is the complete pakage off the showroom floor.:banghead:

• twenty34

Posted December 03, 2009 - 04:17 AM

But I keep hearing KTM is gonna win the bike shootout with the best overall package and it cost less?

• grunkthump

Posted December 03, 2009 - 05:41 AM

rickk i am hearing the SAME thing

• rickallen124

Posted December 03, 2009 - 06:44 AM

It sounds like the KTM will win the shootout due to having the best motor and vastly improved handling. It cost close to the same as the YZ, maybe $100 less. I think the YZ and the KXF will be close at 2nd and 3rd with the honda and suzuki will follow. Who really knows about the rmz as it won't even be released untill a few months from now. They keep pushing back the release date.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2009 - 09:24 AM

But I keep hearing *** is gonna win the bike shootout ...

So what?

• twenty34

Posted December 03, 2009 - 10:35 AM

So what?

"I have riden all the 2010 bikes bar the KX450, and i would have to say that the [COLOR="Red"]yamaha is the complete pakage off the showroom floor.[/COLOR]"

• grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2009 - 10:59 AM

I'm not sure where that quote came from, or what it had to do with shootouts, but my point was that I frankly have never really cared in the slightest what bike wins which "shootout". Most such "tests" are subjective, mostly lacking in any real hard info, generally unscientific, and fairly pointless. The YZ450 hasn't won one that I can remember, but I've been riding and enjoying them right along, and will probably continue to do so. In fact, I've been riding the same one while the YZ450 has failed win 3 in a row.

The mags can say whatever they like. I have as much right to my own subjective opinion as they do. :banghead:

• twenty34

Posted December 03, 2009 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure where that quote came from,

http://www.thumperta...3&postcount=987

or what it had to do with shootouts, but my point was that I frankly have never really cared in the slightest what bike wins which "shootout". Most such "tests" are subjective, mostly lacking in any real hard info, generally unscientific, and fairly pointless. The YZ450 hasn't won one that I can remember, but I've been riding and enjoying them right along, and will probably continue to do so. In fact, I've been riding the same one while the YZ450 has failed win 3 in a row.

The mags can say whatever they like. I have as much right to my own subjective opinion as they do. :cheers:

Right Gray.:banghead:

• NC_MX_KID

Posted December 03, 2009 - 11:53 AM

just got my 1st one in(a white one). looks and feels GOOD:thumbsup:

• honda597

Posted December 03, 2009 - 11:53 AM

But I keep hearing KTM is gonna win the bike shootout with the best overall package and it cost less?

rickk i am hearing the SAME thing

It sounds like the KTM will win the shootout due to having the best motor and vastly improved handling. It cost close to the same as the YZ, maybe $100 less. I think the YZ and the KXF will be close at 2nd and 3rd with the honda and suzuki will follow. Who really knows about the rmz as it won't even be released untill a few months from now. They keep pushing back the release date.

It might cost less in the US, but here in AU the KTM comes in @$12700, compared to $12100 for the Yamaha and $11500 for the Honda.
The 10 Suzuki is the cheapest @10999.
As for the motors (and this is of my opinion) the Suzuki has the best engine, the engine is sooooo broard and it feels like it is never goinig to run out of revs. Its feels similar to the KTM but with more bottom and mid.
I belive that the Suzuki is a better package this year and a real title contender for some. When it comes to bikes every one has differenrt tastes, one bike will suit better than another, so to me there is no winner. Its all personal preferance, just a bike that suits me the best. And for me that bike is the Yamaha. You would be mad to buy a bike because it has won a "shootout" in a magazine, you need to ride them for yourself and see which one suits you the best.:banghead:

• ProjectDIRT

Posted December 03, 2009 - 03:11 PM

yea i freaking love my new yammy. couldnt be happier. and its cool cause im getting all this free stuff for it cause everyone wants to use it for some testing.

• ProMed

Posted December 03, 2009 - 08:00 PM

yea i freaking love my new yammy. couldnt be happier. and its cool cause im getting all this free stuff for it cause everyone wants to use it for some testing.

"all this free stuff"

such as what exactly?

• crankbait

Posted December 03, 2009 - 08:43 PM

It cracks me up how brand prejudice people can be, bikes now days are so good you can pretty much pick your favorite color and be happy. Just remember a pro could dust off a 85 CR250 and smoke 95% of us!.

• Scrubba

Posted December 04, 2009 - 12:37 AM

It cracks me up how brand prejudice people can be, bikes now days are so good you can pretty much pick your favorite color and be happy. Just remember a pro could dust off a 85 CR250 and smoke 95% of us!.

this tells me you havent ridden many bikes

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.