It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • nor-cal 250f

Posted November 13, 2009 - 03:31 PM

i guess I'll post up a ride report since nobody else is. For the poeple that have deposits down it is worth the wait. I lucked out and the guy in front of me got tired of waiting. http://www.thumperta.../tongue.gifThis bike corners better than any yz I have ridden. My 09 yz250f isn't even close to it. I previously had a 08 yz450f that i didn"t ride nearly as much as the 250f do to the front end push. I think things are going to change now.:excuseme: The power down low is really aggressive in stock settings. So i picked up the fi tuner and that took care of that. In the air you can tell the weight is more centered and lower, it doesn't quite feel like a 250f but pretty close.
One thing that does kind of concern me is the air inlets on the shrouds. I already found little bits of roost were my air filter is. I dont think it is going to get threw the filter. well i hope. but what about on dusty days are these intakes going to act like little vacums when i am ridding behind people. well i am already planning on cleaning it after ever ride. so we will see.
I'll try to post some pics later..

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 13, 2009 - 06:48 PM

i was thinking that too. so for the desert ill be putting some air filter material in each scoop if its getting dirty. going to ocotillo for 9 days on her next friday. will post pics of it with my new back grounds when i get them on tues or wens and a ride report on my FREE racetech suspension.. wooott

• Sider_steve

Posted November 13, 2009 - 08:16 PM

i guess I'll post up a ride report since nobody else is. For the poeple that have deposits down it is worth the wait. I lucked out and the guy in front of me got tired of waiting. http://www.thumperta.../tongue.gifThis bike corners better than any yz I have ridden. My 09 yz250f isn't even close to it. I previously had a 08 yz450f that i didn"t ride nearly as much as the 250f do to the front end push. I think things are going to change now.:excuseme: The power down low is really aggressive in stock settings. So i picked up the fi tuner and that took care of that. In the air you can tell the weight is more centered and lower, it doesn't quite feel like a 250f but pretty close.
One thing that does kind of concern me is the air inlets on the shrouds. I already found little bits of roost were my air filter is. I dont think it is going to get threw the filter. well i hope. but what about on dusty days are these intakes going to act like little vacums when i am ridding behind people. well i am already planning on cleaning it after ever ride. so we will see.

I am starting to wonder if that is the reason for the slots in the air scoops on bubbas bike. That would give flying debris a somewhat through path so it would have less of a chance of ending up in the airbox.

• JJetmar

Posted November 14, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Cool, Thanks Nor-cal :bonk:

• Camrose Cycle

Posted November 16, 2009 - 08:50 AM

The bike feels really light while riding, turns very well and the suspension seems pretty damn good just like all my other yammies. I think it is deceiving again as far as power goes. I hate to say it, but it felt like a 350f. When i say that, i mean it feels fairly light for a 450 but wants to be ridden hard and shifted alot. It is really tall, which is great for me ( 6'2 ) and the cockpit is very roomy. Like all yammies, this thing seems very stable at speed and i haven't had any hard back end kicking yet while exiting corners. The bike feels so good in the air and i cant wait to get it all set up for myself. One thing that really confused me is the rebound clickers on the shock. I found it a little stiff in the back and thought maybe it was packing; so i went to add some rebound. It was at 12 out and i wanted to see how much adjustment i had. Well, it has 38 clicker adjustments?!?!? What the hell, i never read or heard of that before. Anyways, believe the hype guys, this bike is deadly. :excuseme:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted November 16, 2009 - 05:21 PM

That’s why I didn’t post the link originally. I was waiting for someone to point that out LOL! Fear not, there are still blue lovers on that site as well!

The bike feels really light while riding, turns very well and the suspension seems pretty damn good just like all my other yammies. I think it is deceiving again as far as power goes. I hate to say it, but it felt like a 350f. When i say that, i mean it feels fairly light for a 450 but wants to be ridden hard and shifted alot. It is really tall, which is great for me ( 6'2 ) and the cockpit is very roomy. Like all yammies, this thing seems very stable at speed and i haven't had any hard back end kicking yet while exiting corners. The bike feels so good in the air and i cant wait to get it all set up for myself. One thing that really confused me is the rebound clickers on the shock. I found it a little stiff in the back and thought maybe it was packing; so i went to add some rebound. It was at 12 out and i wanted to see how much adjustment i had. Well, it has 38 clicker adjustments?!?!? What the hell, i never read or heard of that before. Anyways, believe the hype guys, this bike is deadly. :excuseme:

WHAT THE HECK!!!!..................38............Thats hard to believe! With that much of an adjustment you could make it as soft as a bed spring or as stiff as a poker.

• grayracer513

Posted November 16, 2009 - 06:03 PM

With that much of an adjustment you could make it as soft as a bed spring or as stiff as a poker.

Maybe. Or it might be that you can split a hair 38 times. :excuseme:

• ProMed

Posted November 16, 2009 - 08:07 PM

Valentino was able to take his 2010 for a spin yesterday.

• DPW

Posted November 16, 2009 - 08:09 PM

wow 30 clicks on the rebound on the rear shock, the manual is already here to browse through>> http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• CaptainKnobby

Posted November 17, 2009 - 09:53 AM

wow 30 clicks on the rebound on the rear shock, the manual is already here to browse through>> http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

yeah!....my buddy who owns the yamaha shop had the manual for the 2010 450f like about three weeks ago.

He let me look through it and everything in the book looked layed out the same as the old ones but the cover and the pages looked different.

Seemed like it was easier to see the wording and the depics seem to be neater. Maybe it is just my 06 manual is just worn out and used and it makes the new manual...........well.......just look new

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ProMed

Posted November 17, 2009 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

• ProMed

Posted November 17, 2009 - 03:52 PM

He let me look through it and everything in the book looked layed out the same as the old ones but the cover and the pages looked different.

Seemed like it was easier to see the wording and the depics seem to be neater.

Sounds you have the 2010 fever bad! lol

• FZ1426

Posted November 17, 2009 - 06:13 PM

The Doctor! It says a lot when world champions who do 200 mph on moto GP missiles still dig motocross. Gotta love it. That guy is Da Man. :excuseme:

• twenty34

Posted November 17, 2009 - 08:39 PM

The Doctor! It says a lot when world champions who do 200 mph on moto GP missiles still dig motocross. Gotta love it. That guy is Da Man. :excuseme:

Honestly, he should stick to what he's good at - that's RR. MX appears to be a bit of a stretch for him.

• rufusz

Posted November 17, 2009 - 11:02 PM

Honestly, he should stick to what he's good at - that's RR. MX appears to be a bit of a stretch for him.

Can't someone do MX just for fun? :excuseme: I also think he's one of the greatest and funniest personalities in motorsport.

• 06yz

Posted November 18, 2009 - 02:52 AM

Can't someone do MX just for fun? :excuseme: I also think he's one of the greatest and funniest personalities in motorsport.

[COLOR="Blue"]Yea no kidding, what is wrong w/ him riding mx???

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• twenty34

Posted November 18, 2009 - 04:40 AM

Yes they can.

Something tells me you have posters of him in your bedroom? :bonk:

• grunkthump

Posted November 18, 2009 - 05:24 AM

VERY cool...that track looks sweet!! It is obvious to me that he rides moto quite a bit actually...props to "The Doctor"!!

• tim507

Posted November 18, 2009 - 09:31 AM

# 46 has Ohlins on his bike already..................

• ProMed

Posted November 19, 2009 - 05:21 AM

Good thing we don't apply that same logic to all of our selves.. Amateur MX would be a lonely sport!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.