It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • ProjectDIRT

Posted November 07, 2009 - 10:37 AM

oh and just like some of the magazines said this bike changes how youll ride mx since youadapt to it alittle. all in all i cant wait to go to ocotillo next weekend and launch it off some jumps.

• dunn2500

Posted November 07, 2009 - 12:28 PM

wheather it be orange,red,green,yellow or blue that wins I will still get the blue. Different strokes for different folks is what I always say. i doesnt matter to me if the YZ is the slowest of them all I will still get it.

one thing for sure is that it cant turn no worser than my 06. I,m not a pro rider that is making millions of dollars each year so it isnt really a big deal to me.

i would rather have a devil I know than a devil I dont know.

yeah, no one on this board can push any 450 close to its limits so doesnt really matter which one you buy..........hell most prolly couldnt push a 10yr old bike to its limit stock.:smirk::lol::ride:......sad but true!

• NMdesertRacer

Posted November 07, 2009 - 12:40 PM

Is that the OIL site glass right above were the wires come out from the stator?

• grayracer513

Posted November 07, 2009 - 01:39 PM

Is that the OIL site glass right above were the wires come out from the stator?

Yes. The sight glass replaces the dip stick from the previous model. Otherwise, the oil system is nearly the same.

• arel451

Posted November 07, 2009 - 03:09 PM

Its nice to hear a review from someone who actually has a 450 in his possession as opposed to those repeating magazine gibberish.

• Blaster21996

Posted November 07, 2009 - 03:22 PM

Dry weight is only useful if you are planning to enter a soap box derby.

:smirk::lol::ride:

yea, do you even realize that that is like a slap down to to this poor little poster?

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 08, 2009 - 02:33 AM

did u ride it on the main @ milestone? did u short or overjump anything? if so, how did the suspension react? do you race, what class?

thnx

• Aka.Goose

Posted November 08, 2009 - 10:50 AM

There's one available on the floor at Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach...
MSRP+freight+dlr=$9700 ouch!

• ProMed

Posted November 08, 2009 - 04:36 PM

Wow, that is almost $3k more than I paid OTD for my new 08 CBR1000RR last weekend.

• 06yz

Posted November 08, 2009 - 04:37 PM

Wow, that is almost $3k more than I paid OTD for my new 08 CBR1000RR last weekend.

[COLOR="Blue"]Yea, but your bike only goes 180mph stock :smirk:

MAX!!![/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted November 08, 2009 - 04:46 PM

I walked away from $8700 already if it makes you feel any better. I would need that extra money for suspension and a pipe so pays to wait a few weeks for reality to set in. Interesting that only one ride report posted thus far. Went thru this last year. Now 09's EFI bikes are going for 5-6K. When dirt bikes cost more than street bikes, you know there's a problem.

• DPW

Posted November 08, 2009 - 04:58 PM

nice dealer...wait till sumer '10 and get one for $5500

MSRP $7900=$9700...huh??? :smirk::foul:

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:00 PM

yea thats a grip. dropin the bike off at racetech tomorrow there gonna use it for a test bike so i get all free sus now.

• grayracer513

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:13 PM

When dirt bikes cost more than street bikes, you know there's a problem.

If that were really true, it would be a bit hard to take, but to be fair, the comparison was made between a two year-old leftover and a brand new bike with a distorted supply/demand ratio.

I do agree that no one should pay the inflated price that such opportunistic dealers are asking. The problem is, of course, that some people will.

• twenty34

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:23 PM

If that were really true, it would be a bit hard to take, but to be fair, the comparison was made between a two year-old leftover and a brand new bike with a distorted supply/demand ratio.

I'd say close enough for government standards

http://www.motorcycl...8/05/index.html

• grayracer513

Posted November 08, 2009 - 05:35 PM

That still compares a reduced "MSRP" (Honda lists it at $10,499 for the '09 CBR600RR) to a dealer-inflated price. MSRP of the '10 YZF is an even $8K, not that far above last year's $7600.

It does seem that there ought to be more than $2500 more technology involved in a CBR/R6/GSX-R than a YZF, though, doesn't it?

• Wes Woodin

Posted November 08, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Looks big and clumpsy ! The 2009 even look slimmer ! :smirk:

Like your avitar. lol

• dirt_rider_39

Posted November 08, 2009 - 07:10 PM

Got to sit on one last night!! feels like a new bike! not much differences....but then we lifted the seat and tank!!! wowow! looks very easy to work on! Airfilter looks like it might be too small...looks like a flat triangle foam pancake...not lots of surface..Tank looks very small and considering there is a fuel pump in it I wonder what the range is...tank lifts like a street bikes....motor looks way different...there will probably be complaints of a hot right leg from the pipe...or the feeling of alot of heat...cant wait to try it!!

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 08, 2009 - 07:56 PM

you dont a hot leg the seat get alittle warm from the exhaust i mean very little cant notice it will riding but once back on stand it was alittle warm with a bare hand nothing bad at all so dont trip out people. and that was only after like 15 or so laps.

• twenty34

Posted November 08, 2009 - 08:01 PM

you dont a hot leg the seat get alittle warm from the exhaust i mean very little cant notice it will riding but once back on stand it was alittle warm with a bare hand nothing bad at all so dont trip out people. and that was only after like 15 or so laps.

You know what's ironic, ProjectDirt? - I sold you buddy Jack one of my old bikes. I guess he's a Pro now, eh? Good guy.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.