It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted November 05, 2009 - 10:31 PM

Here we go - "2010 destroys it"

Hope you are right.

• cjxrider125

Posted November 05, 2009 - 10:43 PM

every dealer i have called has already sold every bike they got... anyone know where to get one in southern califonia??

• twenty34

Posted November 05, 2009 - 10:44 PM

every dealer i have called has already sold every bike they got... anyone know where to get one in southern califonia??

I thought you liked your buddies 09 CRF and wanted to buy one?

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 05, 2009 - 10:51 PM

yea i still have one on hold at long beach motorsports. and to rickk. thats on the asphalt it feels like it destroys it and its also comparing it too a bike thats 4 years old i think you should probably just shut it. i have no clue how itll feel on the track back to back and wont know for about a week or so has im really trying to sell the 06 right now and wont have room for it tomorrow but will be riding it back to back with a 08 crf450

• x2468

Posted November 05, 2009 - 11:46 PM

hopefully yamaha sells a lot of these. they were 183 billion yen into the red this year.

• cjxrider125

Posted November 06, 2009 - 12:32 AM

I thought you liked your buddies 09 CRF and wanted to buy one?

i started to do a lot of research on the yz after the last pm u sent me. i do still like the honda but i feel like the yamaha is a better choice for me. after everthing i have read and watched, and the guys i have talked to that have first hand experience with the bike, i think i will be getting a '10 yz on the next shipment.

are u still thinking about the switch?

• Fast Forward

Posted November 06, 2009 - 06:52 AM

I copied this from another forum. It provides another perspective on the Yamaha however it’s only one riders opinion. I like what Yamaha has done with the bike and I hope the cumulative average of post ride opinions are positive; time will tell.
[COLOR=black]“Just received a call from a good friend who had a chance to test ride the KTM,Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha 450 Fs yesterday at L.A.C.R. with the Dirt Bike Magazine crew. L.A.C.R. is a motocross track located in Palmdale Ca.
His pick for best bike was the KTM. Jeff is a 52 year old Novice Motocross rider, and a Int. Enduro Rider. He said the KTM turns as well as a Suzuki, but is still stable at speed. It runs cleaner on the bottom end than the EFI bikes, and makes more H.P. than the others, but is the easiest to ride. The big let down bike was the Yamaha. Jeff is a big Yamaha fan and has owned many of them. He said he wanted to like the bike based solely on the "Trick" factor, but said he was unable to get the bike to turn at all. The Dirt Bike staff felt that the problem stemmed from the abrupt power delivery, that caused the bike to stand up in the center of every corner. Jeff felt that the problem was deeper than abrupt power. He rated the KTM #1, Kawasaki #2, Honda #3, and Yamaha #4. Well lets see how the Mags end up rating the bikes to see if my friends review holds water.”[/COLOR]

• grunkthump

Posted November 06, 2009 - 07:30 AM

WOW fastforward!! INTERESTING!!

• DPW

Posted November 06, 2009 - 07:38 AM

I copied this from another forum.

can you post a link to the forum or a name? I'd like to read the rest of the comments.

• Fast Forward

Posted November 06, 2009 - 07:47 AM

Here’s the link:
[COLOR=#800080]http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=368230[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06yz

Posted November 06, 2009 - 09:48 AM

I copied this from another forum. It provides another perspective on the Yamaha however it’s only one riders opinion. I like what Yamaha has done with the bike and I hope the cumulative average of post ride opinions are positive; time will tell.
[COLOR=black]“Just received a call from a good friend who had a chance to test ride the KTM,Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha 450 Fs yesterday at L.A.C.R. with the Dirt Bike Magazine crew. L.A.C.R. is a motocross track located in Palmdale Ca.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]His pick for best bike was the KTM. Jeff is a 52 year old [COLOR=red]Novice Motocross rider,[/COLOR] and a Int. Enduro Rider. He said the KTM turns as well as a Suzuki, but is still stable at speed. It runs cleaner on the bottom end than the EFI bikes, and makes more H.P. than the others, but is the easiest to ride. The big let down bike was the Yamaha. Jeff is a big Yamaha fan and has owned many of them. He said he wanted to like the bike based solely on the "Trick" factor, but said he was unable to get the bike to turn at all. The Dirt Bike staff felt that the problem stemmed from the abrupt power delivery, that caused the bike to stand up in the center of every corner. Jeff felt that the problem was deeper than abrupt power. He rated the [COLOR=red]KTM #1,[/COLOR] Kawasaki #2, Honda #3, and Yamaha #4. Well lets see how the Mags end up rating the bikes to see if my friends review holds water.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Maybe that is the prolem????[/COLOR]

Here’s the link:
[COLOR=#800080]http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=368230[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]KTM #1 posted on ktmtalk.com, who could have seen that coming. Probably a coincident, but I had to point it out :smirk:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]MAX!!![/COLOR]

• Fast Forward

Posted November 06, 2009 - 09:53 AM

That’s why I didn’t post the link originally. I was waiting for someone to point that out LOL! Fear not, there are still blue lovers on that site as well!

• Sider_steve

Posted November 06, 2009 - 10:02 AM

[COLOR=black]“Just received a call from a good friend who had a chance to test ride the KTM,Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha 450 Fs yesterday at L.A.C.R. with the Dirt Bike Magazine crew. L.A.C.R. is a motocross track located in Palmdale Ca.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]His pick for best bike was the KTM. Jeff is a 52 year old Novice Motocross rider, and a Int. Enduro Rider. He said the KTM turns as well as a Suzuki, but is still stable at speed. It runs cleaner on the bottom end than the EFI bikes, and makes more H.P. than the others, but is the easiest to ride. The big let down bike was the Yamaha. Jeff is a big Yamaha fan and has owned many of them. He said he wanted to like the bike based solely on the "Trick" factor, but said he was unable to get the bike to turn at all. The Dirt Bike staff felt that the problem stemmed from the abrupt power delivery, that caused the bike to stand up in the center of every corner. Jeff felt that the problem was deeper than abrupt power. He rated the KTM #1, Kawasaki #2, Honda #3, and Yamaha #4. Well lets see how the Mags end up rating the bikes to see if my friends review holds water.”[/COLOR]

KTM sales ploy?
Says the KTM corners as good as the Suzuki,yet Suzuki is not on the list of bikes tested.
What Suzuki is he comparing it too?

• Fast Forward

Posted November 06, 2009 - 11:01 AM

Yes, this information came from a KTM site and this is the Yamaha section, I just knew it would go astray. I posted it just to show a different perspective than all the praise it’s received by people who haven’t even rode it yet. If you read the statement it indicates the tester is a Yamaha fan and really wanted to like the bike. The way it was worded it seems non-biased (IMO) and that is the reason I posted it. I valued the fact that a Yamaha fan rated it as last, that seemed dramatic and worthy of everyone’s eyes here. Once again this isn’t about his opinion that the KTM was first, it’s about another Yamaha ride report (which there are very few of them at this point). Who cares which brand placed where, it’s just about sharing opinions and ride reports.

• twenty34

Posted November 06, 2009 - 11:57 AM

I thought it was a good post...I've been wondering if the KTM will take honors this year. Seems to be a solid package overall based on all the reports I've seen coming in. KTM was also on my short list - whenever I pull the trigger is a different story however.

• meyermetal

Posted November 06, 2009 - 11:58 AM

The newest Motocross Action compares the Kawi 450 and the KTM 450 giving the nod to the pumpkin

As for the Yami we still need to see a full test. Although DR.D does have new camps on his so maybe the thing doesn't turn that well. My 06 sucked in the turns

• twenty34

Posted November 06, 2009 - 11:59 AM

My 06 sucked in the turns

and the ONLY reason I went to RED actually. Let's hope it turns this year.

• racerxx276

Posted November 06, 2009 - 12:05 PM

I own a 2010 KTM 450, I got to do 2 laps on a 2010 YZ450f while in CA for the World Vet race last w/e. I'm glad that I got the KTM.... thats all I'll say...(-;

• Sider_steve

Posted November 06, 2009 - 12:10 PM

Yes, this information came from a KTM site and this is the Yamaha section, I just knew it would go astray. I posted it just to show a different perspective than all the praise it’s received by people who haven’t even rode it yet. If you read the statement it indicates the tester is a Yamaha fan and really wanted to like the bike. The way it was worded it seems non-biased (IMO) and that is the reason I posted it. I valued the fact that a Yamaha fan rated it as last, that seemed dramatic and worthy of everyone’s eyes here. Once again this isn’t about his opinion that the KTM was first, it’s about another Yamaha ride report (which there are very few of them at this point). Who cares which brand placed where, it’s just about sharing opinions and ride reports.

Its a good post. And if the KTM is the best bike thats cool too.
It just struck me as odd that they compared the turning of a Suzuki that was not included in the test group.When I talk to the Guy at the Kawasaki shop he seems to always point me in the direction of the KX too.
The new YZ may not be the bike for every rider that Yamaha was shooting for.
Not trying to bash on the KTM either.
Just been around a few salesmen.

• DPW

Posted November 06, 2009 - 12:42 PM

I own a 2010 KTM 450, I got to do 2 laps on a 2010 YZ450f while in CA for the World Vet race last w/e. I'm glad that I got the KTM.... thats all I'll say...(-;

why?...I'd like to hear your opinion about the two bikes. If you'd rather, just send me a PM with your thoughts.

I've heard some very positive things about the '10 KTM 450 from folks I trust.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.