It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • ProMed

Posted November 03, 2009 - 02:17 PM

He also posted this pic:

Posted Image

• Thumper38

Posted November 03, 2009 - 02:35 PM

I wonder why it has black wheels? I thought only the white and red had black wheels!

• KAS

Posted November 03, 2009 - 02:56 PM

I wonder why it has black wheels? I thought only the white and red had black wheels!

You guys are insufferable.

Maybe the blue bikes come with black wheels in Japan?

Maybe he had the dealer swap his silver ones for some wheels off a white bike?

Or aftermarket?

• DPW

Posted November 03, 2009 - 02:58 PM

that's only in the states that the blue bikes get silver rims everywhere else gets black with the blue one...

http://www.yamaha-mo...subview=colours

Posted Image

• Numba68

Posted November 03, 2009 - 10:24 PM

that's only in the states that the blue bikes get silver rims everywhere else gets black with the blue one...

http://www.yamaha-mo...subview=colours

Posted Image

The blue bikes up here have silver rims as well... I wish I could get the blue with the black rims, but I think I am just going to have to go with white.

• hardcore-mx251

Posted November 04, 2009 - 02:50 AM

Down in Australia the blue yz450f and yz250f come with black rims stock :smirk:

• rufusz

Posted November 04, 2009 - 03:36 AM

Check out these aftermarket exhausts :

http://motocross.tra...yz450f-is-here/

http://www.thumperta...989&postcount=3

• Ga426owner

Posted November 04, 2009 - 05:55 AM

It looks better with Blackwheels IMHO......:smirk:
Too bad the hubs aren't black also

• rdefonce

Posted November 04, 2009 - 10:00 AM

The blue bikes up here have silver rims as well... I wish I could get the blue with the black rims, but I think I am just going to have to go with white.

Ha ha, that's really rough, having to agonize over the color.

ME? I have to soldier on with my old trusty '08 model. Still works good.
Soon I will have a FI 4-stroke bike . . . unless a Direct Injected smoker is ready for production by then!:smirk:

• MRD RACING

Posted November 04, 2009 - 04:45 PM

He also posted this pic:

Posted Image

are they trying to make people think it is perfectly balanced ? 1. the rest of the bike is missing and 2. whos to say that that is the perfect spot for the tip of the triangle

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IMCanadian

Posted November 04, 2009 - 07:09 PM

Dirtrider video of tuning tool

http://www.youtube.c...dermagazine#p/a

• grunkthump

Posted November 05, 2009 - 06:15 AM

nice find!! Jimmy is still "stoked"...yaaaaay

• jakeeee

Posted November 05, 2009 - 10:56 AM

are they trying to make people think it is perfectly balanced ? 1. the rest of the bike is missing and 2. whos to say that that is the perfect spot for the tip of the triangle

Its pretty impressive!

• mxmaddman

Posted November 05, 2009 - 02:32 PM

Its pretty impressive!

DEF! The weight of that motor is centered very well!

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 05, 2009 - 03:26 PM

picking my blue 450 up tonight at 6 will post pics and going out to temescal canyon to sneak on to the test tracks in the morning will post ride report tomorrow aswell. also getting the tuner will toy with it aswell.

• grunkthump

Posted November 05, 2009 - 05:00 PM

see if the tuner has a "hard track" setting (one that would smooth out the power for slippery terrain), and let us know how that works please. Thanks

• capdoogie

Posted November 05, 2009 - 05:26 PM

Thank you, finaly a real ride report on its way. You would think with all the new 450's out at the glen helen at the vet worlds, someone would put a good/bad review. So far all we know is it might need dif. offsets. remap and good rear axle blocks. etc.

• motocrsr82

Posted November 05, 2009 - 05:37 PM

I am buying one period. White I think cant wait. Going to keep my 08 honda for awile just in case there is problems. Heck cant get anywhere close to the fiteen grand I got into it anyway. From what I have been told by the suspenions and engine tuners alot of red ryders are going blue this next year!

Flyn Ryan Menke

• rdefonce

Posted November 05, 2009 - 07:14 PM

I am buying one period. White I think cant wait. Going to keep my 08 honda for awile just in case there is problems. Heck cant get anywhere close to the fiteen grand I got into it anyway. From what I have been told by the suspenions and engine tuners alot of red ryders are going blue this next year!

Flyn Ryan Menke

Man are you kidding, 15k in your Honda??? It for sure has to be better than a new '10 Yamaha.
I'd love a new Yamie. Gonna soldier on with my old '08 though. I like the white (my '08 is white) so that's the color I will get whenever I buy a new one.
Truthfully though, a new '10 YZ450F won't make a huge diff in speed; a fast A-class rider on an '08 will always beat a fast B-class rider on a '10.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted November 05, 2009 - 10:21 PM

omg guys. its totally worth every penny. i just have been riding it on the tarmac and wow. rode it back to back with my 06 which has a ported head and cams and a 13.75 cp race piston with only 2 rings and the 2010 destroys it. goin out tomorrow morning will post pics in the morning and a ride report in the evenin. the tuner is sweet too. i love it. my buddy jack garrabrant thats a fast A rider here in socal rode it and the one word out of his mouth was wow. so where gonna go try it out on our rut track.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.