It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted November 02, 2009 - 11:18 AM

Applied just came out with some 20mm clamps! So maybe Dr.D has a set already????

• ProMed

Posted November 02, 2009 - 11:31 AM

Applied just came out with some 20mm clamps! So maybe Dr.D has a set already????

If he did, it would interesting to hear why he changed the offset.

• DPW

Posted November 02, 2009 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image

• Ga426owner

Posted November 02, 2009 - 12:36 PM

looks to me like he has definitely changed the clamps to Applied......great now I get to read for the next 3yrs why. :smirk:

Also look and notice tht he also filled up the big empty hole on the old airbox space...that looks better thank God:thumbsup:Probably another DRD Widget.....

• MRD RACING

Posted November 02, 2009 - 01:06 PM

doug didnt have too much compitition this year , he killed the 40 class , ryno probably would have won the 30 class if not for a rear flat that he got early in moto 2 , Im surprised there werent more flats because it was rough as hell even by Glen Helen standards , I ride there alot and it was rough , I was moto 12 on SAT and I led a full gate into Talidega at the stat of moto 1 and could not hold the pace because of the condition of the track , I dont know how guys go fast on that track when it gets really rough but they do

• meyermetal

Posted November 02, 2009 - 01:14 PM

If he did, it would interesting to hear why he changed the offset.

It would be interesting to read a full report on the bike :smirk:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted November 02, 2009 - 01:31 PM

I would just like to be able to get the thing. I have several things in mind I'd like to do to it.

Like put graphics on,pipe,and other odds and ends.

• Thumper38

Posted November 02, 2009 - 01:34 PM

Yea I am waiting patiently! Come on Yamaha!

• cablemonkey334

Posted November 02, 2009 - 01:44 PM

well my weekly check at my dealer came back with 2 whole 450 s in the US, on show room floors or should i say in stores now , both are in cali .so hopefully they will start letting them go soon .:smirk:

• AZcrRider

Posted November 02, 2009 - 05:58 PM

well my weekly check at my dealer came back with 2 whole 450 s in the US, on show room floors or should i say in stores now , both are in cali .so hopefully they will start letting them go soon .:smirk:

Which stores? They aren't putting them on the showroom floors to stare at them, but sell them. If they are still sitting there, the dealers are are probably asking way above list. They will let them go, I have no doubt there.

With this economy, no dealer in his right mind would not sell this bike for list + tax, etc. A new bike at the track will sell more bikes than a bike sitting in the showroom.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tim507

Posted November 02, 2009 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Jody looks like he is lit up like a jack-a-lattern in the lower right corner of that pic!!!!!:smirk::smirk:

• NMdesertRacer

Posted November 02, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Is that guy in the green and yellow Robin Hood?

• AZcrRider

Posted November 02, 2009 - 08:08 PM

It is either new safety equipment, or a Ninja turtle costume.

• nephic

Posted November 02, 2009 - 11:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that's a Yamaha engineer, they're ninjas.

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 03, 2009 - 01:50 AM

gas is about 6.5 lbs/ gallon so figure 10 lbs for a 1.5gallon tank. yz should be about 245-10 so about 235 vs 227 for the Honda.

• DPW

Posted November 03, 2009 - 05:22 AM

Also look and notice tht he also filled up the big empty hole on the old airbox space...that looks better thank God:thumbsup:Probably another DRD Widget.....

It looks like all he did was put graphics on the existing exhaust cover...either way looks better.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 03, 2009 - 10:27 AM

It looks like all he did was put graphics on the existing exhaust cover...either way looks better.

DPW I think you are right - I need to see a side shot to know for sure....But, I do know one thing. This bike is going to be a royal pain in the butt to add graphics similar to what DRD did, much less see how long they stay applied. There are just too many intricate areas that, based on my experience with decals and backgrounds, will start to unpeel and get dirt under the edges way too easily. Graphic Complexity at it's finest....:smirk:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted November 03, 2009 - 12:36 PM

DPW I think you are right - I need to see a side shot to know for sure....But, I do know one thing. This bike is going to be a royal pain in the butt to add graphics similar to what DRD did, much less see how long they stay applied. There are just too many intricate areas that, based on my experience with decals and backgrounds, will start to unpeel and get dirt under the edges way too easily. Graphic Complexity at it's finest....:smirk:

I know what you are saying Ga426owner about dirt getting in at the edges of the graphics........especially on the shrouds.

Here is one way I found that you can fix this problem. I curently had on some Motoworld.com shroud graphcs on my 06 and they started coming off at the bottom where your leg would hit the shroud when you were going around turns. The bolt that holds the rads on at the bottom were the worst place for the graphics to start coming loose.

I fixed this problem when I got me some new shroud graphics. I first cleaned the plastic real good with soap and water and then again with alcahol. I then let them dry good and sprayed some windex on the shroud and on the back of the graphics.

I started puting the graphics on and then taking a squeege and smoothing out the graphics and the air bubbles that may have been. I then took a blow dryer and heated the graphics to evaporiate the windex and to get the graphics hot so you could postion them if you had too.

It also helps get them real sticky on the back. here is the part that is important.........After you have put the graphics on and set them up overnight and let them dry.

I then took some super glue and a drop at a time put it on the edge of the graphics and let that drop of super glue run down until it stopped. Then I added another drop and did the same until I went all the way around.

So far it has been a year and they havent even started to come loose and I dont think they ever will until I decide to put different graphics on.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 03, 2009 - 12:51 PM

Great tip on the super glue - it would bond along the entire edge the way you describe applying it. I will try that on the last set of original new Team Yami GYTR 03 graphics I have for my 03, which by the way will be much easier then the 2010 - especially under the seat area/side number plates.....

• ProMed

Posted November 03, 2009 - 02:16 PM

Is this the first actual owner report?

TokioMX (who is from Tokyo, Japan) posted this on 10/29 over on VitalMX:

"my YZ came in, and went to check it out. This bike looks awesome! Will ride it soon to see how I really like.

few points. I did feel the weight just by pushing around. hopefully, it will feel different when ridden. The bike was easy to start, even with dress shoes on. wonder how it will be when hot.

YZ Power Tuner came with the bike. Thing was pretty cheep looking and made in Taiwan. Lots of cheep computer is made there, so it is understandable. (don't worry, we didn't get it for free. our price is higher than in US, will be over $9000 before tax @ current exchange rate.) Looks like gas cap is made in China or Taiwan too.
"

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.