It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:39 AM

I understand why the dealer would want to do it that way with all the legal ramifications but Im sure if you had a good relationship with the owner of the dealorship it could be done. I was able to do that with my last RM, at least you know everything is greased and torqued properly. Crated bike + case of beer + pizza on a Saturday night = good times. Riding early Sunday.:bonk:

Believe me, I tried. I do have a pretty good relationship with that dealer too. There does have to be some way around it though... are the bikes sold on Ebay shipped assembled or in the crate?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:53 AM

Believe me, I tried. I do have a pretty good relationship with that dealer too. There does have to be some way around it though... are the bikes sold on Ebay shipped assembled or in the crate?

If i were guessing it will be put together and you will probally have to pay to have it shipped.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 15, 2009 - 08:15 AM

My buddy just called from the Yamaha shop and said he just got the 2010 in. Said he is getting it together for me out of the crate.

i told him I would be down to help him in a few. I will have to wait til monday before i can pick it up cause i will have to work this friday and saturday and i have a race sunday. its raining to bad today here to fool with getting it today but come monday i will be sporting the new 2010 YZ450F.

Good part is.........is it is Blue and OTD is $7100.00 :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

• 06yz

Posted October 15, 2009 - 08:49 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]I just read everything I could about the new 450 and am blown away on how many changes they made......Really makes a guy want to try one but on the other hand it's going to be a NEW MODEL....and might have teething problems.....That's a lot of changes, and actually is a totally different motorcycle......I would still buy one since I like Yamaha but I also had an 03 and look how different the 09 is from that one....[/COLOR]

This is the exact reason I am not running out to buy the 2010. Nothing can duplicate the feedback of 1000 real world test riders. There will be kinks with the bike, I am confident in Yamaha that they will not be major. The 2011 should have these flaws corrected and be a better machine.

Go visit the crf450r boards, there are quirks with the 09 bike, I'm sure the 2010 bike will be better due to the real world R&D.

All that said I am jealous of all you guys that are getting the 2010, I can't wait to hear your ride reports!

MAX!!!

• Ga426owner

Posted October 15, 2009 - 10:33 AM

My buddy just called from the Yamaha shop and said he just got the 2010 in. Said he is getting it together for me out of the crate.

i told him I would be down to help him in a few. I will have to wait til monday before i can pick it up cause i will have to work this friday and saturday and i have a race sunday. its raining to bad today here to fool with getting it today but come monday i will be sporting the new 2010 YZ450F.

not a bad price if I say so myself
Congrats Captain !:bonk:

• cowboyona426

Posted October 15, 2009 - 11:04 AM

You are required to post pics you know...

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 15, 2009 - 11:56 AM

You are required to post pics you know...

Yes I know! But when I get it here to the house it will be just plain like the other pictures you have seen of it.

I would like to put the DRD exhaust system on and the Decal works graphics that Iam having made on it first so it will look even better but if you all insist I will just take a picture of it when I get it here and post it.

I will try to get the plain pic of it posted by tuesday cause I get aggravated trying to put pictures up. The wife is much faster and better at it than me.

• Thumper38

Posted October 15, 2009 - 01:16 PM

Yea we need pics and most defidently a ride report!

• JJetmar

Posted October 15, 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hey Captain Knobby, If you dont mind me asking who are you getting your 2010 from? I have asked around and thats better then what i was told. Thanks.

• 06yz

Posted October 15, 2009 - 01:27 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Please post pictures and ride reports here

http://www.thumperta...672#post8713672

MAX!!!

[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted October 15, 2009 - 03:07 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Please post pictures and ride reports here

http://www.thumperta...672#post8713672

MAX!!!

[/COLOR]

It will be a little while before i ride it cause i dont wont to scratch the new plastic up until i get my graphics on and #plate backgrounds.

i,m going to do this bike like I done my 06 450f, Put an hour meter,DRD exhaust and graphics on before I even started the bike up for the first time.

i do this so my plastics stays in good shape for when i go to put new ones on. i will probally have this bike for at least 4 years like I did my 06.

I figured by the end of november i will have everything on it I want and if the weather holds out here I will be able to ride one or two days before bad weather sets in here in southwestern VA.

They say we are going to have a bad winter here this year. Wouldnt you know since i have a new bike that i want to ride and get use to.

• capdoogie

Posted October 15, 2009 - 04:58 PM

well good luck waiting. A real MX'r would ride it right away, and buy new plastics if needed later. lol

• ProMed

Posted October 15, 2009 - 05:12 PM

Please post up some pics of it brand new and untouched on Monday!

• 06yz

Posted October 16, 2009 - 04:42 AM

It will be a little while before i ride it cause i dont wont to scratch the new plastic up until i get my graphics on and #plate backgrounds.

i,m going to do this bike like I done my 06 450f, Put an hour meter,[COLOR="Red"]DRD exhaust [/COLOR]and graphics on before I even started the bike up for the first time.

i do this so my plastics stays in good shape for when i go to put new ones on. i will probally have this bike for at least 4 years like I did my 06.

I figured by the end of november i will have everything on it I want and if the weather holds out here I will be able to ride one or two days before bad weather sets in here in southwestern VA.

They say we are going to have a bad winter here this year. Wouldnt you know since i have a new bike that i want to ride and get use to.

[COLOR="Blue"]Cpt, why are you going to put a $1000+ exhaust system on it? The bike is so new, I don't think the exhaust companies have had ample time for R&D to put out a system the will actual improve the performance of the bike, except for Akropovic, they have been testing w/ the bike for some time now. If it were me I would leave the stock system in place and send my front and rear suspension to ProAction, Factory Connection, RG3, etc... and get the suspension totally reworked and set up for me. I'm not bagging on you just asking out of curiosity.

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• DPW

Posted October 16, 2009 - 04:47 AM

well good luck waiting. A real MX'r would ride it right away, and buy new plastics if needed later. lol

I agree....first would be head home tear it down and grease it...the next day would be *cough, cough*a sick day from work...:bonk:

• grunkthump

Posted October 16, 2009 - 06:16 AM

I would do NOTHING other than grease steering head/linkage before riding...then put a BUNCH of hours on and THEN decide on exhaust/mapping/suspension!!

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2009 - 06:42 AM

In the first place, the DRD exhaust is $550 at full retail, not $1000. But without trying the stock one first, you can't know what you gained or lost with the replacement.

As far as reworking the suspension goes, no one has any experience with the '10 yet, and as such are not going to have any idea how it needs to be modified to improve it. Without feedback from the rider as to what he wants to change, or a period of their own testing, there is no way to know what, if anything, it needs.

Personally, I'd ride it at the races this week, changing only the bars and tires as required. There's enough grease in it for that. Then pull it apart, grease it and ride it again. Once you get an idea of what it needs, then you could spend money on it.

• Streets45

Posted October 16, 2009 - 09:09 AM

In the first place, the DRD exhaust is $550 at full retail, not $1000. But without trying the stock one first, you can't know what you gained or lost with the replacement.

As far as reworking the suspension goes, no one has any experience with the '10 yet, and as such are not going to have any idea how it needs to be modified to improve it. Without feedback from the rider as to what he wants to change, or a period of their own testing, there is no way to know what, if anything, it needs.

Personally, I'd ride it at the races this week, changing only the bars and tires as required. There's enough grease in it for that. Then pull it apart, grease it and ride it again. Once you get an idea of what it needs, then you could spend money on it.

AGREED.

but, forgive me, what all doyou grease on new bike?

I have always done steering head and linkage and wheels on my bikes, but is that it?

• JJetmar

Posted October 16, 2009 - 09:31 AM

Hey CaptianKnobby, I'm in SW Virginia as well. Thats a good price, where did you get it from? Thanks

• Sheriff245

Posted October 16, 2009 - 10:23 AM

As far as engine performance is concerned, the only thing I'd play with is the mapping to smooth out the low end. The bike is very powerful as is, and just with the power tuner you can throw the powerband around as you like. An exhaust would only improve the looks IMO.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.