It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Centrespike

Posted October 13, 2009 - 06:31 PM

Just called my local dealer about the '10 YZ450 and he just left me a message saying call him back so I can be first on the list when he get them in November.

Wow, I would be first on the list . . . the economy must suck worse than I thought. This is a fairly large dealer and not 1 person asking about the new YZ450??? :bonk:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 13, 2009 - 06:36 PM

Assuming the 2010's ship in November that is only 2 450's in 5 months compared to 10-15 they would have gotten during the same time period last year. That doesn't sound right to me.

Yamaha may be useing a different selling stratigey in order to make more money.

Makeing people think they are a shortage of the 2010's and only limiting dealers a certain amount. When these dealers get these bikes they get them sold and if someone eles is interested in one and pays a down payment yamaha will ship them another one.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 13, 2009 - 06:39 PM

Just called my local dealer about the '10 YZ450 and he just left me a message saying call him back so I can be first on the list when he get them in November.

Wow, I would be first on the list . . . the economy must suck worse than I thought. This is a fairly large dealer and not 1 person asking about the new YZ450??? :bonk:

What part of NC are you in? I ride down at Centerroad MX in Elkin. Let me know who the dealer is or where the shop is and maybe I can be #2 on the list:banana:

• ProMed

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:05 AM

You can rest to assure I wont pay more than MSRP!......... I will pay the going price but not a penny over $7999.99.

There is one on ebay now for $7,990 and no bids. I am betting we will start seeing many more in the coming weeks/ months for less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...SQ5fmotorcycles

• crankbait

Posted October 14, 2009 - 07:28 AM

A dealer in Illinois "highlands Yamaha" once told me that dirt bikes where there coffee makers and they made there real money off from the coffee, meaning oil, riding gear, mods, repairs, etc. They practice what they preach they always have price blowouts on left over machines and keep things moving.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted October 14, 2009 - 07:41 AM

Dealers are finally receiving the 2010's. I asked the question on the ebay auction and got a reply....

Dear rockriverpowersports,

Is this bike available for immediate delivery or pickup?

- jeffboyd47m

Answer....

Dear jeffboyd47m,

Hi, We have it here on the property but it will take about a week to schedule the build through the shop once a deposit is placed on the bike. Thanks

- rockriverpowersports

You would think that with the new model hype they would have it put together and on the show room floor.
JB

• Aka.Goose

Posted October 14, 2009 - 08:51 AM

I'd much rather get it in the crate, than have them put it together...

• Streets45

Posted October 14, 2009 - 09:00 AM

I'd much rather get it in the crate, than have them put it together...

I'll take it in the crate.. and put it together at home :bonk:

• ProjectDIRT

Posted October 14, 2009 - 09:04 AM

i dont think any yamaha bikes can leave a dealer like that most of them have an agreement from yamaha that they have to be put together by a cert. tech. both the places i have the 450 on deposit wont let me have it in a crate. and they dont charge for set up i think its just some insurance for yamaha.

• Streets45

Posted October 14, 2009 - 09:13 AM

i dont think any yamaha bikes can leave a dealer like that most of them have an agreement from yamaha that they have to be put together by a cert. tech. both the places i have the 450 on deposit wont let me have it in a crate. and they dont charge for set up i think its just some insurance for yamaha.

LOL.. yea this is true.. most places wont let you have it in the crate.. unless they know you are certified or something...

I worked at the local Suzuki/ Kawasaki shop for about 6 months... then the economy hit and being the newest employee of COURSE I got the boot.. along with the other 'shop boy' who had been there 6 years... we were in charge of putting the bikes together so I'm sure the owner would let me have any bike crated...
He offered the 09 RM-Z450 and 09 KX250F he has at damn near cost... when they came out lol
too bad they don't sell Yamaha:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted October 14, 2009 - 09:16 AM

You are correct. I tried to get my 06 in the crate and the dealer said no way... Yamaha wants the bikes setup by a certified tech so that they are set up properly. That way they avoid the issues if someone puts their bike together wrong and something goes FUBAR, they get hurt and try to sue. I did get to watch though, and I was able to have them yank the factory bars right out of the crate and install Windham bend Pro Tapers instead :bonk:

• jasonlion54

Posted October 14, 2009 - 12:27 PM

I bought my '08 new from the dealer, and when I went to load it into my truck, the throttle tube pulled right off the end of the bars. They forgot to tighten it. Whoops! Maybe I had a lawsuit there. Hmm....

• Wiz636

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:57 PM

I bought my '08 new from the dealer, and when I went to load it into my truck, the throttle tube pulled right off the end of the bars. They forgot to tighten it. Whoops! Maybe I had a lawsuit there. Hmm....

When I bought my '06 I broke it in at a race at Eddieville. Very high speed course with big downhills/uphills. Partway through lap 2 my front brake quit working and the lever was coming all the way back to the grip...very scary on that course.

Pulled into the pits to find that the banjo bolt on the front master cylinder was loose and all my brake fluid had pumped out. :bonk:

I might add that bike was not purchased from my current dealership.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 14, 2009 - 03:18 PM

No brakes in Eddiville? YIKES!

• steve_97060

Posted October 14, 2009 - 03:23 PM

You are correct. I tried to get my 06 in the crate and the dealer said no way... Yamaha wants the bikes setup by a certified tech so that they are set up properly. That way they avoid the issues if someone puts their bike together wrong and something goes FUBAR, they get hurt and try to sue.

I imagine Yamaha's 30 day warranty plays a part in that also...

• Aka.Goose

Posted October 14, 2009 - 03:44 PM

I really wish they'd just let you sign a waiver or something...I hate today's litigious society...

• SparksXR426

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:06 PM

I understand why the dealer would want to do it that way with all the legal ramifications but Im sure if you had a good relationship with the owner of the dealorship it could be done. I was able to do that with my last RM, at least you know everything is greased and torqued properly. Crated bike + case of beer + pizza on a Saturday night = good times. Riding early Sunday.:bonk:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:30 PM

I wished they would just hurry up and get them in so you wouldnt have to wait til the last minute to put graphics and exhaust on before racing season starts.

• BC3

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:24 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]I just read everything I could about the new 450 and am blown away on how many changes they made......Really makes a guy want to try one but on the other hand it's going to be a NEW MODEL....and might have teething problems.....That's a lot of changes, and actually is a totally different motorcycle......I would still buy one since I like Yamaha but I also had an 03 and look how different the 09 is from that one....[/COLOR]

• Ga426owner

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:35 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]I just read everything I could about the new 450 and am blown away on how many changes they made......Really makes a guy want to try one but on the other hand it's going to be a NEW MODEL....and might have teething problems.....That's a lot of changes, and actually is a totally different motorcycle......I would still buy one since I like Yamaha but I also had an 03 and look how different the 09 is from that one....[/COLOR]

yea but it is guaranteed to make anyone over 40 yrs old faster and make MX easier :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.