It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • finthat

Posted October 11, 2009 - 07:44 AM

Well that goes to show that Yamaha Motor Corp is cutting back. If the dealers are not getting the bikes now like they use to in the past then that there tells me that they are limiting the amount of bikes they make and give the dealers.

I would say if a man wanted one he had better get the first one that comes cause it might be several months before another one rolls in.

I think if you go back a few pages there was speculation that Yamaha wouldn't release the new bike until next year because there were too many 08 and 09's around and all that other BS. If I were selling these bikes what better way to line up the customers than to say there is going to be a shortage. Its pretty dam good for business to create a "they are almost out of stock" panic before the bikes are even in the showroom. I'll bet Yamaha has a big warehouse full of 450's waiting to be trucked out as required!! :bonk:

• rr558

Posted October 11, 2009 - 09:25 AM

if anyone pays 8 g's for a dirtbike they are an idiot

• Todddob

Posted October 11, 2009 - 09:27 AM

it all depends how much extra money you have, i guess

• Aka.Goose

Posted October 11, 2009 - 10:14 AM

Pretty bold statement coming from someone who bought an 06 450, rode it twice, then wanted to sell it for 6g's...

• Sider_steve

Posted October 11, 2009 - 10:22 AM

I am wondering how many people you just called and idiot.

• meyer1son

Posted October 11, 2009 - 11:10 AM

You should just keep those type of thoughts to youself. :bonk:

• ProMed

Posted October 11, 2009 - 02:15 PM

That's not true if the bike is new and comes with A-kit suspension!

:bonk:

• HUG181

Posted October 11, 2009 - 04:36 PM

it all depends how much extra money you have, i guess

True***With todays economy (loss of jobs, health care costs, and uncertain plans on how to accomplish things for a better future America) the average income American is becoming maybe a little cost conscious. Since some of us may not have much extra money for a $8000.00 dirt bike, rr558's reply (easy on the idiot) hits home with me. Technology is great, but everything comes at a price...

• Sider_steve

Posted October 11, 2009 - 04:41 PM

If I had 8 grand to spare I would be happy to let anybody that wanted to call me names do so. But The forum is about the 2010 YZ 450 F not what you want to call people who buy them or any other dirt bike that is up there in that price range. (KTM,Husaberg)

• ProMed

Posted October 11, 2009 - 05:22 PM

I think if you go back a few pages there was speculation that Yamaha wouldn't release the new bike until next year because there were too many 08 and 09's around and all that other BS. If I were selling these bikes what better way to line up the customers than to say there is going to be a shortage. Its pretty dam good for business to create a "they are almost out of stock" panic before the bikes are even in the showroom. I'll bet Yamaha has a big warehouse full of 450's waiting to be trucked out as required!! :bonk:

I agree with you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • js7_yama

Posted October 11, 2009 - 09:27 PM

If anyone has 8g's for a bike that means he's not affected by the economic crunch, therefore he's NOT an idiot in anyway.

Do you have 8g's? :bonk:

• The Captain

Posted October 11, 2009 - 09:31 PM

I payed that for my '09 back in Sept. of '08.

I guess I'm just an idiot.:bonk:

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 12, 2009 - 05:48 AM

In April 06, I went to a Yamaha dealer in Carlisle, PA. With CASH IN HAND, I asked his out the door price on the yellow Hannah era YZ450F.

Out the door, he wanted $7500.00 [COLOR="Red"]because it was a LIMITED EDITION[/COLOR], and would surely be worth a bank vault of dollars (or gold bullion) in years to come.

I left and went to a Honda dealer. I paid $5900.00 for my CRF450.

In July 06, that COLLECTORS ITEM, limited edition yellow YZF was still there, collecting dust. The price was dropped to $7000.00.

I hope (but expect) some greedy dealers to take this route.
It is too bad.

• Streets45

Posted October 12, 2009 - 06:17 AM

In April 06, I went to a Yamaha dealer in Carlisle, PA. With CASH IN HAND, I asked his out the door price on the yellow Hannah era YZ450F.

Out the door, he wanted $7500.00 [COLOR="Red"]because it was a LIMITED EDITION[/COLOR], and would surely be worth a bank vault of dollars (or gold bullion) in years to come.

In July 06, that COLLECTORS ITEM, limited edition yellow YZF was still there, collecting dust. The price was dropped to $7000.00.

It is too bad.

That makes me think of another thing I hate...

dealers wanting to trade off of msrp.:bonk:

for instance. I went into the local Honda shop about a year ago... interested in a leftover 07 CRF450R with the McGrath era decals and such...

price was marked down to $5999.00

I told him I wanted to trade my 2006 GSX-R600 for it, which was KBB and NADA valued at $6000 fair trade in. My bike was IMMACULATE. M4 pipe. Yoshi tuned. suspension set up by a pro , the faster you went, the easier it became to ride ( kind of like a factory bike lol )

So I talked with him and I said how about you give me $6000 for my bike.
He looks at it, says "fair enough, let's see what you owe me"

comes back out of his office and says "ok, so that leaves your total at roughly $1200.00"

Turns out he wanted to trade me off of MSRP. on a 2 year old bike. :bonk:

Needless to say I left. And I never bought anything from him again.

He closed his doors this February. ALL of his 2009's plus several 2008's still sitting on the floor. :bonk:

• Streets45

Posted October 12, 2009 - 06:19 AM

BTW... the "famous" Jim's Motorcycle shop that Mike Brown rode for is about 20 minutes from that Honda shop that closed.... so we really didn't lose anything lol.

• 06yz

Posted October 12, 2009 - 07:32 AM

It is too bad.

HAHA, what an idiot (the dealer) a collectors item??? More like an MX machine. If it was so special, like the dealer said, you wouldn't be able to purchase a regular bike and put yellow plastics and the grapgics kit on. HAHA

MAX!!!

• grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2009 - 08:58 AM

If it was so special, like the dealer said, you wouldn't be able to purchase a regular bike and put yellow plastics and the grapgics kit on. HAHA

In the strictest sense, you can't; the VIN number would reveal that it was not an LE, and it's value as a collector piece would be diminished to less than that of an '06 standard model.

Nevertheless, if the dealer is planning on treating it as a collector bike, he should plan to keep it for at least ten years, or better, twenty, selling it in the meantime only if he gets his price, and he should let any potential buyer know that is his intent out front. If he just wants to sell it for as much as he can get, that's another matter. I know a dealer in my area who tried that angle, and he ended up stuck with the bike until late '07, finally selling it for $5700 after having paid inventory taxes on it each quarter for almost two years. :bonk:

• Ga426owner

Posted October 12, 2009 - 11:11 AM

I know of several new to almost new Yellow 06 SEs for sale.....and they are a lot cheaper than 7k . Collectors bikes huh....maybe i will hold on to mine another 20years. Yea right

• grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2009 - 12:06 PM

I know of several new to almost new Yellow 06 SEs for sale.....and they are a lot cheaper than 7k . Collectors bikes huh....maybe i will hold on to mine another 20years. Yea right

They're 4 years old. :bonk:

I paid $1200 for my brand new BSA B50MX in 1971. Today that bike's worth about $8K in real good condition. Maybe more. A '61 Goldstar is worth over $20K

• finthat

Posted October 13, 2009 - 03:14 PM

They're 4 years old. :bonk:

I paid $1200 for my brand new BSA B50MX in 1971. Today that bike's worth about $8K in real good condition. Maybe more. A '61 Goldstar is worth over $20K

Yes and when those bikes were 4 years old they probably weren't worth anymore than any other 4 year old bike of the time. Also any bike is only worth what someone will pay for it. Who knows if you can sit on it long enough the right guy will come along, but if you want it sold its pretty easy to move something if you want to. I'll bet a Cannondale will be worth some bucks in the future too, if they already aren't.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.