It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • arthurbikemad

Posted October 08, 2009 - 02:17 AM

Not sure if this is a re-post, but its shows the new 450f in more detail than any other clip i have seen.:busted:

I found this in the Honda section.

Thats a good video!! Like you say good detail...:banana:

I wonder what Yam will do with the WR in time...same..ish?

• 06yz

Posted October 08, 2009 - 04:21 AM

Not sure if this is a re-post, but its shows the new 450f in more detail than any other clip i have seen.:busted:

I found this in the Honda section.

[COLOR="Blue"]Good find. There have been alot of videos posted but I have not seen that video yet. Thanks

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• cowboyona426

Posted October 08, 2009 - 06:35 AM

If the aftermarket can find a way to squeeze a bigger fuel tank on one of these bad boys, I'll be looking for a 2010 or 2011 holdover in the next few years :busted:

• crankbait

Posted October 08, 2009 - 07:32 AM

Best clip yet! gonna get me an 09 front fender and wait for this thing to hit the local Yamaha shop.........

• 06yz

Posted October 08, 2009 - 02:19 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Pics of Bubba testing the rmx bike (revolutionary mx):busted:

http://js7.com/2009/...ing-with-james/

MAX!!!

[/COLOR]

• ProMed

Posted October 09, 2009 - 08:26 AM

I had heard the other guys were bitching about it because it's not supposed to be a yamaha show off night.. :banana:

Poor babies. :busted:

Since we now know JS will be riding the 2010, where exactly did you hear this GOOSE?

• ProMed

Posted October 09, 2009 - 08:28 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]Pics of Bubba testing the rmx bike (revolutionary mx):busted:

http://js7.com/2009/...ing-with-james/

MAX!!!

[/COLOR]

Sweet! Thanks for the link.

Posted Image

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 09, 2009 - 08:52 AM

Well all of these vids are nice of the 2010 but I wonder how hard it is going to be able to get one?

I want one so bad I can taste it but dont know for sure if my Yamaha dealer will be able to get one. He told me he put in for two of them and that they said they were going to alicate him one but he hasnt heard from them yet.

He told me that they cut back on production and didnt know if he would be able to get one or not,said he would put in for it again today and hope he can get one.

I,m going to get one i just dont know where I will be able to get it. Hopefully he will be able to at least get one for me.

Has anyone heard if they were going to be a problem in the dealerships on getting these 2010's in?

• ProMed

Posted October 09, 2009 - 09:42 AM

Well all of these vids are nice of the 2010 but I wonder how hard it is going to be able to get one?

I want one so bad I can taste it but dont know for sure if my Yamaha dealer will be able to get one. He told me he put in for two of them and that they said they were going to alicate him one but he hasnt heard from them yet.

He told me that they cut back on production and didnt know if he would be able to get one or not,said he would put in for it again today and hope he can get one.

I,m going to get one i just dont know where I will be able to get it. Hopefully he will be able to at least get one for me.

Has anyone heard if they were going to be a problem in the dealerships on getting these 2010's in?

Several guys have said on here that their dealerships were getting at least of few of them right away. I can't recall anyone saying their dealer wasn't getting any. Time will tell how that plays out. I;m sure many dealers will be playing up the "hard for them to get" angle even if there is no problem. There will probably be a little surge, but soon everything will settle back down and almost every dealer will have at least one or two of them taking up space in the showroom.

• Thumper38

Posted October 09, 2009 - 10:52 AM

I was told my local dealership is getting two! I do not know if that means total or just right away?? I have a deposit on the first one so I guess we shall see. Late Oct./Nov. is the estimate as of now. I am going up to my shop after work to see if anything has changed!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted October 09, 2009 - 01:02 PM

I talked to my buddy at the shop today and asked if anything had changed or if he heard if he is getting a 2010 450f. He said he still hasnt heard anything and he was going to check his allocations.

I told him all I was able to do is watch the videos of the 2010 450F on the internet. He just laughed and said thats what we all may have to do.

He did say he was going to call a dealership that he deals with down in Winston Salem, North Carolina and see if or when they were going to get one.

He told me he would call me as soon as he heard something and he was going to be gone from the shop all next week cause him and several others were going to Daytona on there bikes to some bike week or show down there.

• steve_97060

Posted October 09, 2009 - 04:09 PM

I talked to my buddy at the shop today and asked if anything had changed or if he heard if he is getting a 2010 450f. He said he still hasnt heard anything and he was going to check his allocations.

I told him all I was able to do is watch the videos of the 2010 450F on the internet. He just laughed and said thats what we all may have to do.

He did say he was going to call a dealership that he deals with down in Winston Salem, North Carolina and see if or when they were going to get one.

He told me he would call me as soon as he heard something and he was going to be gone from the shop all next week cause him and several others were going to Daytona on there bikes to some bike week or show down there.

why do I have the feeling you are going to be paying more than MSRP....:bonk:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 09, 2009 - 04:18 PM

why do I have the feeling you are going to be paying more than MSRP....:bonk:

You can rest to assure I wont pay more than MSRP!......... I will pay the going price but not a penny over $7999.99. If I cant get it for that then I will go as far as Louisville,KY to S&S Powersports and any bike shop inbetween.

But you can bet your ass I wont give more than what a bike shop 30 miles away would be selling one at.

• KAS

Posted October 09, 2009 - 06:00 PM

Dude he's blowing smoke.

The dealers aren't going to have any more trouble getting these in than any previous years.

• rickallen124

Posted October 09, 2009 - 08:27 PM

I think all of the dealers will get some but not near the quantity they have gotten the past few years. My dealer is only getting two. They said they might be able to order more in April if Yamaha decides to allocate/release more bikes but two is all they will get untill then.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 09, 2009 - 10:30 PM

Well that goes to show that Yamaha Motor Corp is cutting back. If the dealers are not getting the bikes now like they use to in the past then that there tells me that they are limiting the amount of bikes they make and give the dealers.

I would say if a man wanted one he had better get the first one that comes cause it might be several months before another one rolls in.

• ProMed

Posted October 10, 2009 - 07:48 AM

Dude he's blowing smoke.

The dealers aren't going to have any more trouble getting these in than any previous years.

+1

It is in every sales persons best interest for the buyer to think that the supply is limited so that they feel more pressure to "Buy Now".

Since the 2010 was just announced a few days ago of course the supply is going to be limited at first. Every dealer is going to get at least a few at first, and then they will have the ability to get more just like every other model year. A few months from now supply will be plenty and the dealers will have a tougher time demanding a higher price. The dealers know this and it is in their best interest for the buyer to feel like they may not be able to find another 2010 if they don't buy one of theirs right now.

If you absolutely have to have the bike now, then that is perfectly fine, but you will almost certainly be paying more than if you waited for the initial new-model surge to ease up.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 10, 2009 - 09:11 AM

Everyone will have to atleast pay $7990.00 cause that is the bottom of the MSRP. Now maybe in May or june of 2010 you can get it for $7200.00 but right now the majority of the people will have to pay at least $8 grand or thats the way I see it.

If anyone here on TT that lives anywhere from the middle of the U.S or on the EAST COAST that can get this bike at there dealer in blue in the month of Oct or early November for under $7990.00 let me know cause I will be planning a road trip.l

• rickallen124

Posted October 10, 2009 - 08:06 PM

I think that Yamaha is just trying to keep the production down so they aren't sitting on a bunch of bikes that they have to rebate heavily. Honda and all of the others are doing the same for next year. My dealer normaly would get 2-3 YZ450s a month and they will only get two between now and the end of March. They have had to tell people that they don't have any for sale because they have already sold the two they are getting.

• ProMed

Posted October 11, 2009 - 07:02 AM

My dealer normaly would get 2-3 YZ450s a month and they will only get two between now and the end of March. They have had to tell people that they don't have any for sale because they have already sold the two they are getting.

Assuming the 2010's ship in November that is only 2 450's in 5 months compared to 10-15 they would have gotten during the same time period last year. That doesn't sound right to me.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.