It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • Sider_steve

Posted October 03, 2009 - 09:04 AM

Anyone have any MXoN data about the new 450?
Or are they still riding the 09 there?

• IMCanadian

Posted October 03, 2009 - 07:50 PM

Motorcycle USA article

http://www.motorcycl...First-Ride.aspx

• Streets45

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:08 AM

They rode the 09 450's.

you can watch the re-broadcast of Race 3 (MX1/MX3) anytime you like on www.foxracing.com

• nickeenoo

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:59 PM

Where is the logic in James not riding the 2010 at the US Open? Let's think about this for a minute. Would Yamaha go through all the effort of a big press release and media hype and on and on to put James on a 2009 for the US Open? Doesn't make sense to me.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 06, 2009 - 05:37 AM

Hello naysayers this is from Transworld
"James looks super comfortable on the new machine, and we can hardly wait to see him debut the bike at the US Open this coming weekend in Las Vegas"

find something else to debate :busted:

And BTW where the heck is Mike Brown?

• Wiz636

Posted October 06, 2009 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

1 of 200 self proclaimed "insiders" on this site. :busted:

+1 Lot's of cryptic garbage. If you know what's up either share it or zip it.

• finthat

Posted October 06, 2009 - 02:48 PM

+1 more. Why any rider would add to the hype by shooting there mouth off about "KING James" is ridiculous. By the way wasn't he crowned super x champ???
I would not think any manufacturer would stand by and let their all new bike not be used at the open??? Yamaha has put way to much effort into this thing to let that detail slip by. To me it seems it was more like it was designed to be released and ridden at the US Open than not to be. Look at all the free advertising hype and press they are getting. Sounds like a well designed some what recession proof advertising campain to me. Good work yamaha you designed a what apears to be a great bike, released it in a recession and have a crap load of buzz about your product for when the economy starts to recover. Should have nothin but sales when it does.:busted:
Thats my 2 pennies worth.

• Todddob

Posted October 06, 2009 - 06:35 PM

There's no recession up here :banana: :banana: :busted: but i still can't afford a 2010, well could probly afford it but still in trouble from when i came home on a sun nite with a new 07 without asking....

• crankbait

Posted October 07, 2009 - 06:19 AM

+1 Lot's of cryptic garbage. If you know what's up either share it or zip it.

Wiz636, is that a 1976 yz80 in your avatar picture?

• arthurbikemad

Posted October 07, 2009 - 06:32 AM

Well Yamaha don't like to do things by half this year, new cross plane crank R1 and now this. I never thought I see the likes of the reverse cylinder TZR again, but hey the new YZ looks the dogs...

Hope it is as good as it looks...can't wait to see a new WR with the same reverse cyl motor.. :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted October 07, 2009 - 08:02 AM

Wiz636, is that a 1976 yz80 in your avatar picture?

It sure is! I was 12 or 13 years old in that pic.

• crankbait

Posted October 07, 2009 - 08:06 AM

It sure is! I was 12 or 13 years old in that pic.

Had that same bike and now in the process of doing a full mod restore on another 76yz80, I've got everything except a DG head.

• Thumper38

Posted October 07, 2009 - 08:22 AM

I had a 77 YZ80!

• Aka.Goose

Posted October 07, 2009 - 01:17 PM

79 YZ100 was my first!

Has anyone had the chance to see how open the front air intake on the '10 is?
I'm curious as to the possibility of sand/dirt/dust getting in there easily if you're riding behind someone who's kicking up a lot...

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted October 07, 2009 - 02:36 PM

I'm curious as to the possibility of sand/dirt/dust getting in there easily if you're riding behind someone who's kicking up a lot...

Just a guess, but based on how much crap (dirt and sticks) I find in my WR airbox when I run through the scrub, I think most will find that this will be a cleaner overall setup. The amount of dust may be the same, but I think having it up high and away from the rear wheel will cut down on all the other stuff that ends up in there.

• finthat

Posted October 07, 2009 - 02:54 PM

There's no recession up here :banana: :banana: :busted: but i still can't afford a 2010, well could probly afford it but still in trouble from when i came home on a sun nite with a new 07 without asking....

I know what you mean. No recession in Manitoba either actually the opposite. But the amount of bikes sold in both of our provinces combiced probably doesn't even equal on big dealer in Cali.

• finthat

Posted October 07, 2009 - 03:01 PM

79 YZ100 was my first!

I think there would be just as much dust up front as behind. Were can you find any clean air in cloud of dust?? are your legs and boots going to filter it? The dust is every where just like the O2 is. I am sure they have it protected from gathering too much crap, roost ect. I can't see it being a prob. If we are worried about it I am sure the guys who designed it have thought about it and adressed that problem too. It is a mx bike after all it rides on dirt not pavement.

• 917rider

Posted October 07, 2009 - 05:34 PM

my first mx bike was a 81 yz 80 with the radiator behind the number plate i loved that thing when i was a kid:ride: :busted: :banana: :banana: :busted: :

• grayracer513

Posted October 07, 2009 - 08:05 PM

my first mx bike was a 81 yz 80 with the radiator behind the number plate i loved that thing when i was a kid:ride: :busted: :banana: :banana: :busted: :

Off topic

• honda597

Posted October 08, 2009 - 01:50 AM

Not sure if this is a re-post, but its shows the new 450f in more detail than any other clip i have seen.:busted:

I found this in the Honda section.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.