• grayracer513

Posted September 27, 2009 - 08:57 AM

http://www.cyclenews...0-yamaha-yz450f

Shape

repost

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=827476

• JDH86

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:16 AM

So far for pipes I've seen the GYTR mod but it will be interesting to see what the aftermarketers will come up with for pipes and silencers.

• 06yz

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:27 AM

So far for pipes I've seen the GYTR mod but it will be interesting to see what the aftermarketers will come up with for pipes and silencers.

[COLOR="Blue"]Akropovik has a pipe for it.

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• Sider_steve

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:46 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]Akropovik has a pipe for it.

MAX!!![/COLOR]

I just looked on Akro's home page.
So far all they have listed is a slip on muffler,it is listed as coming soon.
I haven't "seen" any pipes listed for it yet, except the GYT-R. (FMF has one listed with pics coming soon)
I can't wait to see other companies pipes and configurations.

• krony506

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:54 AM

Dr.D has one but they are the ones that made it for GYT-R

• nephic

Posted September 27, 2009 - 12:04 PM

Dr.D has one but they are the ones that made it for GYT-R

Dr. D is making his own as well to different specs than the GYTR.

• krony506

Posted September 27, 2009 - 12:51 PM

Dr. D is making his own as well to different specs than the GYTR.

I did not know that! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

• DR-Z250rider

Posted September 27, 2009 - 06:44 PM

I mainly want to see FMF and how they incorperate the mega bomb and power bomb

• Sider_steve

Posted September 27, 2009 - 07:18 PM

I mainly want to see FMF and how they incorperate the mega bomb and power bomb

The tornado loop, has potential for all kinds of things to happen.
I can see almost a cross over type resonator with an inverted double TT type design.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Luv2crash

Posted September 28, 2009 - 07:28 AM

Are some people really finding fault with a bike because of what it looks like when being rode? I need something more substantial than that. Also i think people should stop worrying about a bunch of small things they have no idea about like the subframe welds. Give me a break. I believe Yamaha and almost all manufactures test bikes and develop them for potentially years, esp this bike i'm sure. So i'm sure there won't be any big surprises that will make this bike a lemon. Also we should limit the "ugly as sin" posts. Useless opinions that no one cares about

• grayracer513

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:10 AM

[quote name='Luv2crash']Are some people really finding fault with a bike because of what it looks like when being rode? [/quote] Crazy, isn't it? Especially when the commentary by those who have ridden the bike is so much to the contrary.

Give me a break. ... we should limit the "ugly as sin" posts. Useless opinions that no one cares about[/QUOTE]I don't find it ugly in the least. For those who do, I will say again, a lot of very effective things are ugly; Glock pistols, the M249 SAW, Irish Wolfhounds, ...

• nephic

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:17 AM

The tornado loop, has potential for all kinds of things to happen.
I can see almost a cross over type resonator with an inverted double TT type design.

Interesting that you should say that Steve:thumbsup: Looking at some picutres posted by Sozo:

http://sozoamplifica...om/stewart.html

that are also referenced in another thread, one can see a piece of an Akropovic pipe that is tacked into the middle of the "Tornado" and that appears to join, at least mechnically even if their is no gas port, the sections of the middle of the loop. It's the third picture down.

• grayracer513

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:30 AM

DRD had an experimental pipe for the YZ250F that had what would be effectively the same thing as a "crossover" in that loop. The header had a loop of tubing that rose from the pipe just after the U-bend, paralleled the pipe for about 5", then rejoined it. My assumption is that it was nothing more than another way to configure a resonator, and was likely linked to the gas stream by perforations in the header wall, ala Power Bomb.

There's a picture on the forum someplace, but I can't think of any search terms with which to pull it up.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:42 AM

DRD had an experimental pipe for the YZ250F that had what would be effectively the same thing as a "crossover" in that loop. The header had a loop of tubing that rose from the pipe just after the U-bend, paralleled the pipe for about 5", then rejoined it. My assumption is that it was nothing more than another way to configure a resonator, and was likely linked to the gas stream by perforations in the header wall, ala Power Bomb.

There's a picture on the forum someplace, but I can't think of any search terms with which to pull it up.

The thing I saw that I thought could show up in the tornado,was on Doug Henry's bike with the roll cage.
http://www.thumperta...688#post8471688

• grayracer513

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:45 AM

That's a different pipe, but the same setup as the experimental pipe I saw.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 28, 2009 - 01:36 PM

havent seen this posted yet.
http://vids.myspace....ideoID=62958420

• rjcook450

Posted September 29, 2009 - 03:39 PM

Selling my 08 and buying one, local dealer had yamaha rep. in last week talking about all the 2010 model bikes, with a letter from yamah stating no dealer will get any dirtbike four or two stroke until jan. not sure if this is true for all, but kinda sucks got to wait that long.

• racerxx276

Posted September 29, 2009 - 06:40 PM

My dealer sez that Yamaha will release the first shipment oct 9th, thats what his shipping invoice is saying...

• KAS

Posted September 29, 2009 - 07:01 PM

Selling my 08 and buying one, local dealer had yamaha rep. in last week talking about all the 2010 model bikes, with a letter from yamah stating no dealer will get any dirtbike four or two stroke until jan. not sure if this is true for all, but kinda sucks got to wait that long.

No, its not true. My dealer is getting their first 2010's in like two weeks.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.