It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • pinkston

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:41 AM

i have been hard since the first pics came out.. i bet the bike is gonna be super fun to ride with all the weight in the middle of the bike.. i bet its gonna be awesome in the air and corners. makes me want to strat riding again

• crankbait

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:48 AM

Put some 09 yzf fenders on it and I'm a buyer!

Crank.

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2009 - 08:34 AM

i dont care who bashes me. this bike is ugly as sin..... it looks like something terminator would ride.

So what?

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 24, 2009 - 08:42 AM

I thought the Terminator rode a Harley? Unless you're talking about that pest control reality TV show... Enough... On with the TESTS!

• LEMMON1

Posted September 24, 2009 - 09:48 AM

I am betting that almost all of the guys who drop 8-9k on the new YZ will all be reporting that it is God's gift to dirt bikes. Those same guys will be popping up to defend the new model with everything they have anytime someone says anything negative about it. You can see all this every time any new model comes out. It's called justifying their purchases!

but i bet it will be better then anything yamaha has had before so of coarse they would...if a new bike instills confidence in your riding to make u better wouldnt u be happy as hell too?

• Streets45

Posted September 24, 2009 - 10:10 AM

but i bet it will be better then anything yamaha has had before so of coarse they would...if a new bike instills confidence in your riding to make u better wouldnt u be happy as hell too?

Which is exactly what the guys at Yamaha were trying to do! :busted:

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2009 - 10:39 AM

I am betting that almost all of the guys who drop 8-9k on the new YZ will all be reporting that it is God's gift to dirt bikes. Those same guys will be popping up to defend the new model with everything they have anytime someone says anything negative about it. You can see all this every time any new model comes out. It's called justifying their purchases!

i dont care who bashes me. this bike is ugly as sin..... it looks like something terminator would ride.

...sounds like, "I can't have one, so it sucks." :busted:

• tk1

Posted September 24, 2009 - 01:00 PM

Careful. Errant negativity can lead to deleted posts.

Besides, the new Yammie is awesome! :busted: And I'm not worried about it being slightly heavier than last year's model either. Because I know that between the advanced mass centralization and a lightened wallet, I won't be able to tell the difference.

• DR-Z250rider

Posted September 24, 2009 - 05:03 PM

I want to hear one! I'm curious to hear that whirling noise they described....

• FinchFan194

Posted September 24, 2009 - 05:34 PM

I want to hear one! I'm curious to hear that whirling noise they described....

Somewhere on this thread either MXA or Transworld has a ride report via a video, bike sounds pretty sweet to me!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ProMed

Posted September 24, 2009 - 05:35 PM

I don't doubt at all it is going to be better than anything Yamaha has had before, and possibly any other brands. However, I am more of the mindset that anyone that could beat me at my lowly b-class level on a 2010 YZ, could also beat me on a 5 year+ older model of any brand bike.

But to answer your question, I am happy anytime I purchase a new bike and if I ever spend $8-$9k on the new bike I certainly better be. Then of course, I would be right there in line with all the others with this need to "defend" & justify my purchase. If you spend just a few days on this or any other moto board you will some people often do the same based on whichever brand they like best. This is much more common on auto/truck boards however.

• ProMed

Posted September 24, 2009 - 05:38 PM

Images from MxDaD324 on VitalMX:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• nephic

Posted September 24, 2009 - 05:40 PM

I do like the blue bikes. I've been given plenty of opportunity to like the others too, and I'll ride anything. I moonlighted at a dealership up here that sells everything but Red. I've been really tempted by a CRF, SX-F, and an RMZ, but I've been saving my nickles for the 2010 ever since the 2009 came out and wasn't what this is. I'm not 100% on it either, I'm waiting to see what people say a few months from now after gremlins do or don't show up.

I think that you are right on the money when you say that new bike owners are going to defend their purchase and their company. I do however believe that there is a difference between defending a product to protect your pride, and being loyal to a company because of a posative history with their products.

I own products from 4 different powersports manufacturers, including Polaris, Kawi, Yamaha, and a Honda. So I'm not totally biased.

I think that this forum is pretty honest about what the YZ450s have and have not been. Mine is the one that tries to rip your arms off and turns like a torpedo, but I do love it. Obviously I do not have a problem saying that I like Yamahas. And as long as they continue to make products that I feel good about, I'll continue to "bleed blue". I can tell you honestly and objectively what I like about them, what I don't, what they do well, what they don't, and what I like alot about KTMs, Kawis, Zuks, etc...

All things considered, it looks like a good year to like blue bikes.

• jcross312

Posted September 24, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Looks awesome. The only thing I don't understand is why don't they go to a unicam design. That would have to shave a few pounds alone.

• FinchFan194

Posted September 24, 2009 - 06:02 PM

Looks awesome. The only thing I don't understand is why don't they go to a unicam design. That would have to shave a few pounds alone.

Gray is gonna be all over this one ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 24, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Love the detail and the GYTR parts. Looks like there will be no guessing if the filter is sealed or not, that's good. Great pics, the only thing that bothered me (just a little) is the welds on the upper subframe ends.

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2009 - 06:54 PM

Even if we assumed that Yamaha would want to use a unicam, the first reason is ,likely to be that Honda holds a patent on it.

No matter. The Unicam is technically inferior to the bucket tappet DOHC set up used in Yamaha and many other engines for several reasons. The Unicam uses rockers on the exhaust, and unless the designer places a bucket tappet over the valve on which a rocker arm acts, the rocker creates lateral loading on the valve guide that is not present with the DOHC set up. There are also more moving parts and wear points overall.

Apropos of the discussions on what was invented when, I recall seeing this same concept in some Japanese 4 cylinder or other, an Isuzu, possibly, about 10 years ago, so even it isn't new.

• crankbait

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:02 PM

I'm a little worried about the four valve head, Yamaha was definitely the most reliable but now who really knows........

Crank.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:39 PM

going to a 4 valve will not do anything to reliablilty. if anything it would make it better one less wear point.

• Sirlimpsalot

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:45 PM

Seat pressure will increase do to stiffer valve springs. In order to get the same volume as the three intake valves two must open longer and farther.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.