It's Here...the 2010 YZ450F

1000 replies to this topic
  • ah665

Posted September 23, 2009 - 11:08 AM

Jeeze...I can't wait 'til this thread starts talking about how it rides, instead of what it looks like and who designed what first...
And start seeing stuff like the the ideal power tune settings...And the breather hose mods (can't believe they left it like that)...

x2. its def a landmark machine in the mx world. im sure it will send some other factories back to the drawing board etc but i still thinks it funny how ppl act like they r gonna get one and go out and win their class with it, just because of the bike. :busted: :thumbsup:

• tk1

Posted September 23, 2009 - 11:48 AM

Really?..no I mean REALLY? Your views as expressed on this and in some other post are almost extremist :banana: :banana: :banana: BBR developed the alluminum perimeter frame, everybody followed eventually. Yamaha developes the four stroke motocrosser, everybody follows eventually, Cannondale develops its MX440, nobody gives a crap. Yamaha, and the other manufacturers kept right on doing better stuff. Cannondale dies, few people care. Fast forward, and now, because a bike has the same color plastics, and an intake on the same side of the engine, you think that you have to tell the whole world "oh its just like a cannondale, just look at a picture." :thumbsup:

In truth, the Cannondale is really just a spawn of the YZ400 in the first place. Yamaha is the only company that legitimately can take ownership of the trend that has now experienced its latest evolution with the 2010 YZ450f.

If you read alot, which is sometimes hard for someone who prefers to draw conclusions from pictures where both bikes have white plastic, you probably got to the MXA website and read about the series of manufacturers that have been working on the intake in front system for quite some time, well pre-dating the Dale . Yamaha was one of many, and arguably the first to do it well. :busted:

http://www.motocross...C5649F2DE5447F4

What is truly revolutionary is the package that the new yamaha reresents. The perimeter frame is refined to a level that no other manufacturer approaches. The suspension continues to be the best production stuff in the world. The engine is unlike anything ever built in the motocross world, and that is fact (or to make it more clear, the cant and the cylinder offset). The exhaust is revolutionary. Tank placement is unlike anything seen on a modern motocrosser. Intake trac is world class. The fuel injection system is top of the line. But what really makes the Yamaha revolutionary is the sum of its parts. It is a well designed growth and assimilation of the best ideas and practices of the whole industry. And saying it is "basically a Cannondale" is like saying that a Corvette is basically a Pinto!:banana:

It's not.

But I'm glad that I was able participate in the conversation, and can't wait to hear you act real smart again. It's very entertaining. Although I may be getting dumber everytime I read the word Cannondale next to motorcycle. It just seems wrong...maybe perverse is a better way to phrase it.

I'm a realist, so it's very easy for me to see things plainly. Your rants and ramblings, and feeble attempts at comedy are obscured by being a zealous fan of Yamaha. And there is nothing wrong with that position. Unless, of course, an objective opinion is required.
But for anyone who doesn't swear an allegiance to Yamaha (or any other manufacturer), the similarities between it and the Cannondale are obvious.

Regardless of who invented what first, it still remains a fact that Cannondale was the first in the world to mass produce a reversed exhaust, programmable fuel-injected, dual cammed F1 type 4-stroke, alum. perimeter framed, forward-mounted air intake, single-shocked, inverted fork motocross bike, all in one package. And it also included a hydraulic clutch and electric start. I hope this isn't to hard for you to grasp.

Yamaha may very well be the first to refine such a similarly awesome package. Which is something Cannondale was unable to achieve. But the reasons for their failure are really inconsequential as it relates to this debate. Because as Yamaha is on the verge of proving, they weren't conceptual in nature.

The only thing I genuinely see new about the Yamaha when compared to what others have done, is their holistic approach to mass centralization. Which is a lot.

The world can be beautiful place whether you drive a Pinto or Corvette. Even when seen without a tint of blue. You should try it some time.

• Streets45

Posted September 23, 2009 - 12:50 PM

I'm a realist, so it's very easy for me to see things plainly. Your rants and ramblings, and feeble attempts at comedy are obscured by being a zealous fan of Yamaha. And there is nothing wrong with that position. Unless, of course, an objective opinion is required.
But for anyone who doesn't swear an allegiance to Yamaha (or any other manufacturer), the similarities between it and the Cannondale are obvious.

Regardless of who invented what first, it still remains a fact that Cannondale was the first in the world to mass produce a reversed exhaust, programmable fuel-injected, dual cammed F1 type 4-stroke, alum. perimeter framed, forward-mounted air intake, single-shocked, inverted fork motocross bike, all in one package. And it also included a hydraulic clutch and electric start. I hope this isn't to hard for you to grasp.

Yamaha may very well be the first to refine such a similarly awesome package. Which is something Cannondale was unable to achieve. But the reasons for their failure are really inconsequential as it relates to this debate. Because as Yamaha is on the verge of proving, they weren't conceptual in nature.

The only thing I genuinely see new about the Yamaha when compared to what others have done, is their holistic approach to mass centralization. Which is a lot.

The world can be beautiful place whether you drive a Pinto or Corvette. Even when seen without a tint of blue. You should try it some time.

Ok ... I agree with both of you in a way...but TK1 your argument just goes back to the fact that even the YZ400F would be a "copy" of things past.... we have already settled this in this thread... the YZ450F is in no way , shape , form , or fashion a 'copy' of the cannondale....

I'm sorry to rain on your parade. but you are just wrong.

A GSX-R600 has an aluminum perimeter frame, inverted forks, a single rear shock, front mounted air intake, tuneable fuel injection, 4 stroke dual cam motorcycle...

So you are telling me if we throw some offroad tires on it and release it as the GSX-R600 MX and call it a motocross bike that it is a copy of the Cannondale MX440???:thumbsup: I don't think so , my friend.

ideas are ideas and things done with those ideas can be revolutionary , whether someone tried it before or not.....

As for the Cannondale - copy YZ450F.....

Kawasaki makes a 450F... are you calling it a copy of the Honda CRF450R?

are you calling the RM-Z250 a 'copy' of the YZ250F?

this argument for the Cannondale is ignorant at best.:banana:

Yes they are similar. but for that matter a 1979 Honda Elsinore 250 and a 2007 CR250R are similar..... it is just retarted to call the YZ450F a copy of the MX440... I'm getting dumber just listening to this jargon...:busted:

and just so we are clear on 2 things:

1. I agree that Cannondale may have been the first to offer the package.. but nonetheless the bike blew out the ass and didn't make it, so in my eyes a failure does not count. the damned thing didn't work.

2. I'm not a "Blue-blinder" wearing, "over-zealous" fan of Yamaha, or whatever you want to say... I freakin' bleed [COLOR="Lime"]green[/COLOR]

• harrperf

Posted September 23, 2009 - 12:56 PM

I think tk's point is the new yamaha is anything but new, when the cannondale came out...the whole world hadn't seen anything like it, EVER. That's just the sad fact.

To be revolutionary means to impart change in the masses. The yamaha may just do that...where the cannondale did not.

The new yamaha looks good so far, and I because yamaha has shown to have significant testing prior to release in years past, I think it will be a great bike.

But the other poster shows clear affinity to yamaha...sadly. Who cares in the end of the day who does what. Go out and BUY THE BEST BIKE FOR YOU! That's all that matters. Stop this stupidness!

• Streets45

Posted September 23, 2009 - 12:58 PM

x2. its def a landmark machine in the mx world. im sure it will send some other factories back to the drawing board etc but i still thinks it funny how ppl act like they r gonna get one and go out and win their class with it, just because of the bike. :busted: :thumbsup:

how right you are my friend... lol:thumbsup:

I don't doubt the bike may make you a 'better' rider... you may get faster... by a second or so, but yeah, don't expect to shave 20 seconds off your lap time the first time you get on it:lol: .... unless you have been riding a BBR 65 haha:p

• Streets45

Posted September 23, 2009 - 01:02 PM

I think tk's point is the new yamaha is anything but new, when the cannondale came out...the whole world hadn't seen anything like it, EVER. That's just the sad fact.

To be revolutionary means to impart change in the masses. The yamaha may just do that...where the cannondale did not.

The new yamaha looks good so far, and I because yamaha has shown to have significant testing prior to release in years past, I think it will be a great bike.

But the other poster shows clear affinity to yamaha...sadly. [COLOR="Red"] Who cares in the end of the day who does what. Go out and BUY THE BEST BIKE FOR YOU! That's all that matters. Stop this stupidness![/COLOR]

:busted:

YAY for this guy... I certainly agree with that statement:applause:

After all last time I checked... this is a thread to talk about the YZ450F... not a Cannondale, Yamaha YZ250F, Kawasaki, Honda (ugh) or KTM for the matter....:thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 23, 2009 - 01:20 PM

So you don't think motorcycle manufacturers, (in an effort to design better products), dissect their competitors offerings as a routine business practice? It's done every day in the auto industry. Maybe you have missed that observation, but I'm quite sure Yamaha hasn't. In fact, the old Cannondale should be testament enough.

enough of the Cannondale madness. The bike was and still is a Total POS. It never finished one and I mean 1 AMA Pro Race. Why, because it broke. The company was mismanaged so it was broken up and sold. The absolute ironic thing was the year it was released MXA named it Bike of the year before even throwing a leg over it. Cannondale = junk, enough of any comparison of it and Yamaha. The only thing it had going for it, was some interesting ideas that failed in comparison to a 2010 YZF450. :busted:

• FourtySixandTwo

Posted September 23, 2009 - 02:01 PM

enough of the Cannondale madness. The bike was and still is a Total POS. It never finished one and I mean 1 AMA Pro Race. Why, because it broke. The company was mismanaged so it was broken up and sold. The absolute ironic thing was the year it was released MXA named it Bike of the year before even throwing a leg over it. Cannondale = junk, enough of any comparison of it and Yamaha. The only thing it had going for it, was some interesting ideas that failed in comparison to a 2010 YZF450. :busted:

Not MXA, sorry but it was Dirt Rider.

Cannondale hahaha :thumbsup:

• 06yz

Posted September 23, 2009 - 02:08 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]I just hope there is a significant hp/tq increase, or all that redesign is for nothing more than centralizing more mass than previous years. I think this is the sickest looking bike and really want it to blow the shootouts, out of the water!

MAX!!![/COLOR]

• FinchFan194

Posted September 23, 2009 - 04:27 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]I just hope there is a significant hp/tq increase, or all that redesign is for nothing more than centralizing more mass than previous years. I think this is the sickest looking bike and really want it to blow the shootouts, out of the water!

MAX!!![/COLOR]

Its suppose to have a lot of bottom end and midrange so an aftermarket exhaust should take care of the rest. I am looking forward to the bottom end for coming out of corners.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ah665

Posted September 23, 2009 - 07:16 PM

how right you are my friend... lol:thumbsup:

I don't doubt the bike may make you a 'better' rider... you may get faster... by a second or so, but yeah, don't expect to shave 20 seconds off your lap time the first time you get on it:lol: .... unless you have been riding a BBR 65 haha:p

exactly. but im not trying to be a downer. i think if this bike delivers the way it sounds like it will (according to all the 1st impressions) then there will be alot of happy owners, and thats what matters. no, it might not make you any faster, but aslong as the bike holds up and is a quality race bike, then thats what matters. anyone looking at purchasing a '10 450 def needs to give this bike a good hard look. plus its just cool to own a bike with some 'new' gadgets/tech on it:smirk:

• pj 351

Posted September 23, 2009 - 07:20 PM

Revolutionary, mass centralization, good looks, state of the art, :busted: well when i see all you C grade boy's with their new Yzeee's cutting 5 seconds of your lap times, then i might just get a little more excited. :thumbsup:

• saccityfire

Posted September 23, 2009 - 07:45 PM

Revolutionary, mass centralization, good looks, state of the art, :busted: well when i see all you C grade boy's with their new Yzeee's cutting 5 seconds of your lap times, then i might just get a little more excited. :thumbsup:

My lap times have dropped 5seconds since the first confirmed pictures of the 2010 came out! I'm not sure, but I think it's gotta be the new looks. :banana:

:banana:

• Streets45

Posted September 23, 2009 - 07:55 PM

My lap times have dropped 5seconds since the first confirmed pictures of the 2010 came out! I'm not sure, but I think it's gotta be the new looks. :banana:

:banana:

:busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana:

that is freakin awesome.

i hear the new front fender adds 20 hp:smirk:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted September 23, 2009 - 08:51 PM

Really?..no I mean REALLY? Your views as expressed on this and in some other post are almost extremist :banana: :banana: :banana: BBR developed the alluminum perimeter frame, everybody followed eventually. Yamaha developes the four stroke motocrosser, everybody follows eventually, Cannondale develops its MX440, nobody gives a crap. Yamaha, and the other manufacturers kept right on doing better stuff. Cannondale dies, few people care. Fast forward, and now, because a bike has the same color plastics, and an intake on the same side of the engine, you think that you have to tell the whole world "oh its just like a cannondale, just look at a picture." :thumbsup:

In truth, the Cannondale is really just a spawn of the YZ400 in the first place. Yamaha is the only company that legitimately can take ownership of the trend that has now experienced its latest evolution with the 2010 YZ450f.

If you read alot, which is sometimes hard for someone who prefers to draw conclusions from pictures where both bikes have white plastic, you probably got to the MXA website and read about the series of manufacturers that have been working on the intake in front system for quite some time, well pre-dating the Dale . Yamaha was one of many, and arguably the first to do it well. :busted:

http://www.motocross...C5649F2DE5447F4

What is truly revolutionary is the package that the new yamaha reresents. The perimeter frame is refined to a level that no other manufacturer approaches. The suspension continues to be the best production stuff in the world. The engine is unlike anything ever built in the motocross world, and that is fact (or to make it more clear, the cant and the cylinder offset). The exhaust is revolutionary. Tank placement is unlike anything seen on a modern motocrosser. Intake trac is world class. The fuel injection system is top of the line. But what really makes the Yamaha revolutionary is the sum of its parts. It is a well designed growth and assimilation of the best ideas and practices of the whole industry. And saying it is "basically a Cannondale" is like saying that a Corvette is basically a Pinto!:banana:

It's not.

But I'm glad that I was able participate in the conversation, and can't wait to hear you act real smart again. It's very entertaining. Although I may be getting dumber everytime I read the word Cannondale next to motorcycle. It just seems wrong...maybe perverse is a better way to phrase it.

Really?? I mean really? Hmmm ok where is the proof in this statement. I agree with the rest of what you siad, but this frame has no proof of anything yet and is still to be determined. I'm not bashing at all, I'm just stating a point

• pj 351

Posted September 24, 2009 - 02:57 AM

My lap times have dropped 5seconds since the first confirmed pictures of the 2010 came out!

:thumbsup:

Don't overdo it you'll get a stitch :busted:

• saccityfire

Posted September 24, 2009 - 06:43 AM

I'm going riding RIGHT NOW and I've got a pretty good feeling that with the extra 20 "fender Ponies" I'm gonna be droppin' tics off the clock faster than Bronson dropped bad guys.

• Ga450owner

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:09 AM

Not MXA, sorry but it was Dirt Rider.

Cannondale hahaha :busted:

thanks for pointing this out...old age and less Brain cells....sorry DirtRider

• ProMed

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:18 AM

I am betting that almost all of the guys who drop 8-9k on the new YZ will all be reporting that it is God's gift to dirt bikes. Those same guys will be popping up to defend the new model with everything they have anytime someone says anything negative about it. You can see all this every time any new model comes out. It's called justifying their purchases!

• MX210

Posted September 24, 2009 - 07:19 AM

i dont care who bashes me. this bike is ugly as sin..... it looks like something terminator would ride.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.