Posted September 21, 2009 - 04:15 PM

racerx has the first ride up on their website

• DPW

Posted September 21, 2009 - 04:44 PM

racerx has the first ride up on their website

http://www.racerxonl...aha-yz450f.aspx

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 04:52 PM

MXA posted on their twitter account it should be up in about an hour...

• tk1

Posted September 21, 2009 - 05:07 PM

I remember seeing this bike several years ago. Back then it was called the Cannondale MX440. The difference will be that Yamaha has the resources (cash) to see it through. Which I'm sure they'll do in fine form. But it is comical (and sad) to see some industry types tout this design as "revolutionary".

Maybe back then if the industry had thrown some support behind a non-Japanese upstart, today we might have had a technically advanced and growing American brand as an alternative.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• MOTOPHILE

Posted September 21, 2009 - 05:30 PM

I saw that Cannondale kickin butt when it came out, at a 4T national in San Antonio. They had a great rider. But it couldn't finish a moto due to mechanicals. A yz250f ended up with the win I believe, maybe was Josh Desmuth? Yamaha should be lightyears ahead of the Cannon, but I hear where you are coming from...

• ReedRulz

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:16 PM

I remember seeing this bike several years ago. Back then it was called the Cannondale MX440. The difference will be that Yamaha has the resources (cash) to see it through. Which I'm sure they'll do in fine form. But it is comical (and sad) to see some industry types tout this design as "revolutionary".

Maybe back then if the industry had thrown some support behind a non-Japanese upstart, today we might have had a technically advanced and growing American brand as an alternative.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The two bikes are nothing alike the Cannondale has a linkless suspension, the cylinder doesnt tilt back like the Yamaha, the pipe is straight and doesnt coil around like the Yamaha. The only thing the same is the pipe comes out the back on both and the intake is in the front.

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:23 PM

The two bikes are nothing alike the Cannondale has a linkless suspension, the cylinder doesnt tilt back like the Yamaha, the pipe is straight and doesnt coil around like the Yamaha. The only thing the same is the pipe comes out the back on both and the intake is in the front.

I gotta back MXR on this one....

COMPLETELY different frames, swingarms, radiator placement, engine design, subframe,

man the only thing even resembling the new Yamaha is the out the back tail pipe.....

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:26 PM

and as far as the people saying this bike isn't revolutionary... hmmm.... do you know anything about the world per say?

It hasn't been done. so yes, it is revolutionary...

its like saying that fuel injection wasn't revolutionary, that 4 cylinder engines and turbos werent revolutionary,...

just because it was an idea in someone's mind for years, doesn't mean when it happens it isn't revolutionary...

and Cannondale's attempt doesn't count. stick to making bicycles, even though i wouldn't buy a cannondale bike either haha! love my Trek...

• FinchFan194

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:26 PM

COMPLETELY different frames, swingarms, radiator placement, engine design, subframe,

man the only thing even resembling the new Yamaha is the out the back tail pipe.....

x3 some people just gotta rain on out parade. . .or at least try.

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:32 PM

Transworld Motocross First Impression:

http://motocross.tra...s-introduction/

:busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:D :banghead: :smirk: :eek: :eek: :eek: :bonk:

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :p :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailrider95

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:54 PM

okay so. i cant wait to try a newer 450,only biger bike i've rode is my dads 98 400. i wanna ride one of these so bad! sweeeeeet bike. who thinks that the pic of the internals of the engine would be kinda cool for a fake tattoo on the back upper back in between shoulder blades? im thinkin bout havin a friend do that

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 06:58 PM

Motocross Action Mag First Impression

http://www.motocross...74C3FC219AD99DD

:busted: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :D :banghead: :smirk:

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:03 PM

i cant wait for them to be delivered any longer.

• CTD06

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:21 PM

Here is the Transworld First Impression Vid http://motocross.tra...introduction/2/

• Streets45

Posted September 21, 2009 - 07:25 PM

i cant wait for them to be delivered any longer.

all this waiting and the magazines just left us hanging for MORE....:busted:

I cant wait to see shootouts...

man i was set ona 2010 KX250F but now im wantin a 450 again... a blue one...
idk AHHHHHH

I can't make up my mind...:thumbsup:

• tk1

Posted September 21, 2009 - 08:40 PM

When Yamaha came out with the original 4-stroke MX bike, that was revolutionary. Cannondale took that concept and added tunable fuel injection, aluminum perimeter frame, and a rearward facing exhaust port. And they did it several years ago.

Now Yamaha has an updated version. And I'm sure it will be fantastic. But that doesn't change the fact that it's design is evolutionary at best, in all aspects.

This bike won't impact MX the way the original YZF did, not even close. But it is ultra cool, may start a trend followed by other manufacturers, and will lighten your wallet even further.

• racerxx276

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:12 AM

So racerx sez that it will be released in Nov? Dealers are saying oct? Anyone have any real info on release date??

• ProjectDIRT

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:41 AM

well most dealers say oct. around socal. and long beach motorsports says there excpeting anytime from now till oct. so.

• Streets45

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:44 AM

When Yamaha came out with the original 4-stroke MX bike, that was revolutionary. Cannondale took that concept and added tunable fuel injection, aluminum perimeter frame, and a rearward facing exhaust port. And they did it several years ago.

Now Yamaha has an updated version. And I'm sure it will be fantastic. But that doesn't change the fact that it's design is evolutionary at best, in all aspects.

This bike won't impact MX the way the original YZF did, not even close. But it is ultra cool, may start a trend followed by other manufacturers, and will lighten your wallet even further.

You are slightly flawed my friend, 4 stroke motocross bikes had been around for years.... not as good, but they were there... so let's say this , the 4 stroke motocross bike from Yamaha, the YZ400, was Evolutionary, when the sport changed bc of it, it became revolutionary...

this new YZ450F is Evolutionary, but if the entire lineup of manufacturer's start slanting cylinders, pumping Porky the Pig's tail exhaust out the back, and moving the air filters to the front, it will become revolutionary.. haha

Just give the other manufacturer's about 4 years to catch up, that's what happened the first time haha!:busted:

• Berm-Saw

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:52 AM

IMO yamaha 4 strokes have always looked ugly as sin to me, not anymore, that thing looks good!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.